Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FF reference... *takes a drink*
    Stargate wrote: »
    That did make me laugh _Kaiser_ :pac: ,

Feck it.. you'd need one listening to Joan here and Enda before her reading pure scripted nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    At least Alan Kelly has the balls to come on the news, to be fair to him. Where is Enda today? Any sign of him?

Kenny doesn't do News, Debates or Interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

The water infrastructure cannot be fixed with those capped charges. They would need every household to pay well over 500 a year.
    It is all lies, spin and misinformation from Joan and Enda.
    The price will rocket in 2019.
    Irish Water must be scrapped as they will have to privatise it, more pre election lies again from them.

Don't register, boycott the bills and march on December 10.
    Only a fool would pay three times for water again and believe a word of these corrupt, delusional, moronic fools who are ramming another austerity tax down our throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol.. should have known.

I still can't find any info about who he is other than mentions of him being appointed to the board. He's like some sort of ghost figure.

Surely even FG aren't bare-faced and stupid enough to appoint him just because his brother donated €1,000 to them =/

What qualifies him to be on the board, and why are more people not asking questions about it?

They can go and shite if they think concessions and price reductions are enough to make me change my mind regarding paying when they don't even try to address the blatant cronyism and corruption involved in it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Strike action is still on the table from IW workers over the bonus issue.

What would that even look like? What can they realistically do?

Refuse to send out bills:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Cleverest thing Enda did was making a Labour pup like Kelly minister for the env after Phils reign, let them take it up the tailpipe for the Govt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

At least Alan Kelly has the balls to come on the news, to be fair to him. Where is Enda today? Any sign of him?

Last seen reading, badly, some pre prepared bluff in Dail Eireann.
    I wonder did he mention the dissidents, or the shinners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

He looked like a man who didn't want to be reading out that speech today. I get the feeling he might be one of the first to split if this pressure keeps up. You can see that he doesn't seem as confident or believe in what he is saying half the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Then you need a corresponding reduction in services.

Could we not just put a general asshole tax on the likes of Denis O Brien and his 3.85 billion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

lol.. should have known.

I still can't find any info about who he is other than mentions of him being appointed to the board. He's like some sort of ghost figure.

Surely even FG aren't bare-faced and stupid enough to appoint him just because his brother donated €1,000 to them =/

What qualifies him to be on the board, and why are more people not asking questions about it?

They can go and shite if they think concessions and price reductions are enough to make me change my mind regarding paying when they don't even try to address the blatant cronyism and corruption involved in it all.

He's more commonly known as having a different Christian name, which escapes me at present.

Edit, it's in the article. "Frankie" is his Aka...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Kenny doesn't do News, Debates or Interviews.
    He IS doing the Toy Show...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

shinzon wrote: »
    Cant believe you got sucked into this, legislation can be withdrawn or rewritten at any time, the first concession they give and you cave into it

Shame that

Shin

All it will take is a few pints in the Dáil Éireann bar and 2 fools .

Nope, but he mentioned pretty much everything and anything else.
    Joan even got a 1916 and FDR quote in! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Strike action is still on the table from IW workers over the bonus issue.

What would that even look like? What can they realistically do?

Are the bonuses abolished from this point forth? I understand the bonuses proposed for 2013 and 2014 have been cancelled.

Stargate wrote: »
    All it will take is a few pints in the Dáil Éireann bar and 2 fools .

Nah.. sure Kenny's Economic Management Council is already deciding policy for the rest of even their own government as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,276 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If I pay,and that's a big IF, they will be paid €160. They are not getting a penny more...

Until 2016, when they gouge what they want from you.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Are the bonuses abolished from this point forth? I understand the bonuses proposed for 2013 and 2014 have been cancelled.

That's what they're threatening strike action over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

I am on the dole, a total of 245 Euro per week.
    And I have signed up to pay come April 2015.
    I think the latest rate of 60 Euro per year for a single man (including the 100 dole rebate),
    is a fair one. 1.15 Euro per week. I don't have a problem with that, if it means a clean and reliable water supply.
    If this is capped until the end of 2018, then I think that is fair enough; so 60 per year for the next 3 years straight.
    The reality is that the dated Irish water system needs upgrading, and so its reasonable that the end service user, the man drinking then water; pays something towards the service provision and maintenance.
    Personally I think 60 Euro per year for a man on the dole is a fair amount. And this is coming from someone who gave up TV, so I don't need to pay for a TV licence.
    100 per year dole rebate is a fair amount too, paid every quarter. I think that is a fair contribution from the social welfare.
    how does a single man get that amount on the dole, you will have to pay a broadcasting charge from nest year 166 lids i think, how come they are putting all this money on the welfare bill, which is high enough as it is, is it a rouse to hit welfare shortly, a clean and realible water service is not feasible in the next ten years, as iw are soaking up the lpt with nothing to show for it only bonuses for the workers and high paid jobs for proven incompetent higher civil servants and poticial cronys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Nah.. sure Kenny's Economic Management Council is already deciding policy for the rest of even their own government as it is.

That closed shop is a joke. Imagine how you would feel being outside a group like that as a TD. Key discussions and secrets shared behind closed doors. Obviously the cushy numbers are keeping FG and Labour TDs from rebelling against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

lol.. should have known.

http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?15469-Who-is-Colman-Sheehy/page6&#.VGzkeHY4ut8
    Even more interesting could be the fate of another Irish Water director.

A mystery man sits beside Rose at the monthly meeting. A director called Coleman Sheehy hardly registers on Google. The company provides the following utterly useless information about Coleman. He is "involved in property investment and development and commenced employment with Sherry FitzGerald estate agents. He subsequently spent some time in America, where he was involved in property investment and real estate with members of his family prior to returning to Ireland. He is currently involved in property investment and real estate in Ireland , the UK and Central and Eastern Europe."

No past employer named, bar Sherry FitzGerald. No dates. No education. No positions. No titles. No qualifications. Company searches draw a blank. But Coleman has been to America. We know that. Maybe he travelled by boat? So he probably knows all about water.

I rang the Department of Environment on Thursday to ask about Coleman's qualifications.

"I do not have any idea who he is," responded the press officer. I rang Irish Water. They wanted 12 hours to find out.
    FROM HERE
    Coleman Sheehy, Director

Coleman Sheehy was appointed to the Irish Water Board in November 2013. Mr. Sheehy is involved in property investment and development and commenced employment with Sherry Fitzgerald Estate Agents. He subsequently spent some time in America, where he was involved in property investment and real estate with members of his family prior to returning to Ireland. He is currently involved in property investment and real estate in Ireland, the UK and in Central and Eastern Europe.

https://www.water.ie/about-us/company/the-board/

• Advertisement

Red21 wrote: »
    Could we not just put a general asshole tax on the likes of Denis O Brien and his 3.85 billion.

He moved all his money away years ago.

That closed shop is a joke. Imagine how you would feel being outside a group like that as a TD. Key discussions and secrets shared behind closed doors. Obviously the cushy numbers are keeping FG and Labour TDs from rebelling against it.

No need to imagine - from this IT article (2nd page):
    Minister for Health Leo Varadkar was asked by Richard Crowley on RTÉ’s News at One about Joan Burton’s suggestion that a family of four would pay less than €200 for water. When asked what she meant by this, Varadkar said he didn’t know, that while he was aware that there was work being done on figures he “has not been party to any such discussions”. Varadkar is not on the council.

It is interesting that Fine Gael backbencher Eoghan Murphy, writing on political reform here on Wednesday, included a call for the disbandment of the EMC and suggested its operation might be unconstitutional. He has a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Cleverest thing Enda did was making a Labour pup like Kelly minister for the env after Phils reign, let them take it up the tailpipe for the Govt

Definitely,a patsy if ever I saw one.

how come the goverment has no one that can speak properly, it seems that the bunny carr school in now in the same condition as iw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

gladrags wrote: »
    Definitely,a patsy if ever I saw one.

Kennys greatest skill is his Machiavellian political tricks.

He knows Joan Burton is poisonous for Labour as leader so he's destroying the reputation of the labour member most likely to challenge her for leadership and disband the coalition.

Allyall wrote: »

property investment in eastern europe??, coould he be involved with the quinn clan, or conor lenihan even, now theres a tought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

flutered wrote: »
    how come the goverment has no one that can speak properly, it seems that the bunny carr school in now in the same condition as iw.

kenny reads speeches penned by one of his many speech writers.
    Have you ever heard him when he has to think on his feet and answer a question? It's embarrassing.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

lol.. should have known.

People need to ask questions about John Tierneys great idea to take water from the Shannon to supply Dublin too.
    Alan Kelly seemed very keen to mention Dublins water problems as well today.
    Considering they both come from the same area (on the Shannon) (37km apart) I wonder who stands to make a lot of money in compensation when pipes start going through land?

Just something to ponder...

• Advertisement

kenny reads speeches penned by one of his many speech writers.
    Have you ever heard him when he has to think on his feet? It's embarrassing.....:o

Someone told me his awful public speaking was an act to make him seem more appealing to the common man.

I remember laughing at it and then I remember when he won the leadership challenge and some local ran out to the camera and shouted "Up Mayo!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement