Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

After todays badly needed announcement all OECD countries now have water charges. In the last 18 years since they were mistakingly done away with the water system has got worse. With a strong board now managing the water system in ireland the future of water supply and maintaince looks positive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Do a search in the other water threads about the board, IW apologists don't like anyone bringing it up.

I'll make sure to mention it a few times every day so :D
    With a strong board now managing the water system in ireland the future of water supply and maintaince looks positive again.

^^
    I think we found Coleman Sheehy

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

After todays badly needed announcement all OECD countries now have water charges. In the last 18 years since they were mistakingly done away with the water system has got worse. With a strong board now managing the water system in ireland the future of water supply and maintaince looks positive again.

I wasnt aware about the impending Waterocalypse

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Liveline's not a fair representation of the population, 150,000 on the streets isn't a fair representation of the population, 1.2 million refusing to return their forms isn't a fair representation of the population.....
    What's a fair representation of the population?

The general election. Massive vote for FG running on a pro water charge platform.

Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You realise nothing about the makeup of IW or the cronyism surrounding it has changed today right? There's no accountability, no sackings, no review or auditing...

Apt username is apt though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Phoebas wrote: »
    The general election. Massive vote for FG running on a pro water charge platform.

Go figure.

The electorate seem to have changed their minds.....

Maybe we should have another general election..... Just to be sure....

The electorate seem to have changed their minds.....

Maybe we should have another general election..... Just to be sure....

Their will be one along in a couple of years - as scheduled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Is that from enda's carefully written speech (by a few speech writers we pay for) earlier?

Their will be one along in a couple of years - as scheduled.

Actually it's 18 months, if they last that long....God forbid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Go figure.

They said it was in the LPT... Go figure.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Fuhrer wrote: »
    I wasnt aware about the impending Waterocalypse

Then you have your head in the sand or is 42% an acceptable figure to lose on average around the country as well as currently 4 boil water notices?

Go figure.

That's funny.
    You actually think the same people support FG's cronyism and corruption and downright contempt and arrogance, after we elected them to put an end to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

With a strong board now managing the water system in ireland the future of water supply and maintaince looks positive again.

He guides me along the right path;
    he is true to his name.
    If I should walk in the valley of darkness
    no evil would I fear.
    You are there with your crook and your staff;
    with these you give me comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The Government have shot themselves in the foot several times on this issue.

I dont trust the Labour Party and I dont trust Fine Gael.

They have lied to us before and they dont have the peoples best intrests.

Disband Irish Water.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Then you have your head in the sand or is 42% an acceptable figure to lose on average around the country as well as currently 4 boil water notices?

What does that have to do with how heavily I'm subsidising water infrastructure as it is.

Oh you mean the funds aren't being managed effectively is that what you are alluding to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I fairness, if you aren't employed and don't live in those areas, why would you give a ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

From the Independent:
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/irish-water-crisis/landlords-wont-tolerate-plans-to-hand-over-deposits-of-tenants-who-dont-pay-water-charges-30758639.html

The largest landlord organisation in the State has described the government's water proposals as "shocking", "impossible" and "totally unacceptable".
    The Irish Property Owners' Association (IPOA) has tonight indicated that it will not cooperate with plans to oblige landlords to hand over deposits belonging to tenants who refuse to pay.
    The IPOA also said it is "horrified" at proposals that would see landlords inhibited from taking on new tenants until previous bills were settled. . . .
    Speaking to independent.ie this evening, IPOA information officer Margaret McCormick indicated that landlords will not comply with the proposals.
    "These proposals are shocking and totally unacceptable. They are impossible to be honest," she said.
    Ms McCormick stated that her organisation's view prior to the publication of the water plans was that unpaid bills was solely a matter between Irish Water and the customer.
    "We cannot be responsible for our tenants bill," she stated. "We won't tolerate these plans."

I fairness, if you aren't employed and don't live in those areas, why would you give a ****?

Oh and you have been a shining example of giving a **** about others over the last number of weeks.

Slanging names at protestors and stereotyping vast swades of people. Your username displays nothing of the fight it represents

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭frippy

Surprised to find myself sympathising with landlords but that does seem quite a pain for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    You realise nothing about the makeup of IW or the cronyism surrounding it has changed today right? There's no accountability, no sackings, no review or auditing...

Apt username is apt though!

Every state company gets audited, esb gets audited by EY. It's still in its early foundation, a massive project as maintaining the water system needs to be centrailsed and benefiting from economies of scale. Its progress and i think 10 years from now everyone will agree it was a huge success.

• Advertisement

frippy wrote: »
    Surprised to find myself sympathising with landlords but that does seem quite a pain for them!

It's not workable. FG are off their heads. Completely ludicrous idea

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

listermint wrote: »
    What does that have to do with how heavily I'm subsidising water infrastructure as it is.

Oh you mean the funds aren't being managed effectively is that what you are alluding to.

I was alluding to the poster saying they weren't aware of the impending waterpocalypse which is sheer ignorance on their part, whether you are for or against IW that doesnt matter but not acknowledging our water infrastructure is in trouble is just moronic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

frippy wrote: »

And for the tenant. It could mean a delay in getting your deposit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Every state company gets audited, esb gets audited by EY. It's still in its early foundation, a massive project as maintaining the water system needs to be centrailsed and benefiting from economies of scale. Its progress and i think 10 years from now everyone will agree it was a huge success.

Brendan Howlin discovered Boards I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

gladrags wrote: »
    Irish water has now replaced Oliver Cromwell,as the most hated two words in Irish history.

Anglo Irish?

No contest for me. Anglo summed up everything that was wrong with this country and still does. IW is small time in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Point seven is an interesting one in that article knowing where Phil Hogan has ended up:eek:

I was alluding to the poster saying they weren't aware of the impending waterpocalypse which is sheer ignorance on their part, whether you are for or against IW that doesnt matter but not acknowledging our water infrastructure is in trouble is just moronic

Equally not acknowledging that OUR water infrastructure is a national security asset is moronic. Two sides same coin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Didn't someone in support of the water charges post something the other day about a poll being conducted on liveline that had, 56% of voters saying they believed the protests were 'violent' and the FG heads were falling over each other in agreement.

Yea, there was feck all wrong with the demographic on that poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Go figure.

They also promised meaningful reforms and the abolishment of quangos. I guess that was one of the "fake" promises. That's the main reason they got my vote. All well once bitten twice shy, they'll never get a vote from me again.

• Advertisement

That's funny.
    You actually think the same people support FG's cronyism and corruption and downright contempt and arrogance, after we elected them to put an end to it?
    You're going to have to wait 'till 2016 for the definitive answer to that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement