Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

listermint wrote: »
    Equally not acknowledging that OUR water infrastructure is a national security asset is moronic. Two sides same coin.

Until its works the way its meant to its an asset to nobody as far as i'm concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

So it seems to me that I'm being punished because I live in a 2 adult only household. If I lived alone I'd be paying €60, if I lived with two others (or more) I'd be paying maximum €53. But because I just have one housemate I'll pay €80. How's that fair?

Agree with the charges by the way. Why are the protest crowd shouting down anyone who says it's fair by saying 'this is the way they get you to start paying'.. If they go up after 2019 and you think they're unreasonable you can just stop paying then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Daith wrote: »
    And for the tenant. It could mean a delay in getting your deposit back.

A delay?
    It could mean not getting your deposit back depending on how long you haven't paid the water tax.

Daith wrote: »
    And for the tenant. It could mean a delay in getting your deposit back.

I wouldn't want to be a landlord collecting debts on behalf of Irish Water. That's between the tenant and them. You want a debt collector, pay for one!

Methinks today hasn't gone quite to the governments plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I wouldn't want to be a landlord collecting debts on behalf of Irish Water. That's between the tenant and them. You want a debt collector, pay for one!

Yep congrats FG and Labour another organisation added to the Anti-Water ranks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

We can only hope! Next few days will tell though with the big test being on the 10th.

Phoebas wrote: »
    You're going to have to wait 'till 2016 for the definitive answer to that.

The definitive answer will be that FG are sent back to the opposition benches after one term like they always have been since the formation of the state.
    FG are not fit and never have been fit to run our country.
    They've only ever been put in when FF need a slap.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

VinLieger wrote: »
    Until its works the way its meant to its an asset to nobody as far as i'm concerned

Well it is quite apparent you dont understand the considerable value of the resource to a nation. Its akin to signing away our fishing grounds to the EU.

Please read up on stuff before making crass comments like it's an asset to nobody.

It sullies your argument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I fairness, if you aren't employed and don't live in those areas, why would you give a ****?

(and don't have genital cancer)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

mikeym wrote: »
    The Government have shot themselves in the foot several times on this issue.

I dont trust the Labour Party and I dont trust Fine Gael.

They have lied to us before and they dont have the peoples best intrests.

Disband Irish Water.

They have to lie. The people cant handle the truth about the issues the govt faces. The true cost of water supply was given to then and witness this current protest business from the more vulnerable of society - it will only encourage politicians to be even less honest. And thats the best policy. Best for the people, best for the responsible running of the country. When a portion of the citizens cannot understand the issues being dealt with, best to lie, keep them in the dark, and get on with doing the necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

So it seems to me that I'm being punished because I live in a 2 adult only household. If I lived alone I'd be paying €60, if I lived with two others (or more) I'd be paying maximum €53. But because I just have one housemate I'll pay €80. How's that fair?

Agree with the charges by the way. Why are the protest crowd shouting down anyone who says it's fair by saying 'this is the way they get you to start paying'.. If they go up after 2019 and you think they're unreasonable you can just stop paying then?

If you wish to pay an extra charge for water by all means do so,If you agree with charges you shouldnt care with the amount anyone else is paying,If your convictions are true im happy for you to pay. i think you should pay more than 80e in that case. pay the european average of 400e.

Phoebas wrote: »
    You're going to have to wait 'till 2016 for the definitive answer to that.

It really isn't looking that way despite the gloss your party are putting on it.

Falling apart and treating your own party members with contempt by having a special little members club at the top and even giving the little club a title.

Its highly amusing to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

frippy wrote: »
    Surprised to find myself sympathising with landlords but that does seem quite a pain for them!

A lot of guards are landlords..........

It really isn't looking that way despite the gloss your party are putting on it.

Falling apart and treating your own party members with contempt by having a special little members club at the top and even giving the little club a title.

'The gang of four', what a title......

mikom wrote: »

...Thats actually true..... :eek:

A delay?
    It could mean not getting your deposit back depending on how long you haven't paid the water tax.

Well, if they do the decent thing and pay their bills, it won't be a problem.

mikom wrote: »

You know, I recently renovated, had a bit of an auld clear out, lobbed a few things on donedeal.... Sofas, kitchen etc.

Bought by a nice fella for his buy to let.

A Garda also.

Excellent point.

'The gang of four', what a title......

Special economic council.

It must really wind vradkar up that he's not in the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭frippy

Exactly

I imagine you are reeling Maryanne84. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Any bets on who will be the first to jump ship on FG?

A delay?

I can picture it now.

Landlord has a months rent as a deposit.

Tenant has not paid a utility bill, not in their name.

Landlord withholds (or attempts to withhold all, or some of the deposit)

Tenant causes a bit of hassle for landlord, way in excess of what the deposit was.

I said from the start, bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Pocoyo wrote: »
    ...Thats actually true..... :eek:

That's even better they've pissed off Gardai now!! I love it, it gets better and better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Strike action is still on the table from IW workers over the bonus issue.

What would that even look like? What can they realistically do?

SIPTU rep on Rte news earlier, nose seemed seriously out of joint over what he described as a breach of the workers contract - hopefully it will be a down tools including high pressure washers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

gandalf wrote: »
    That's even better they've pissed off Gardai now!! I love it, it gets better and better

Comedy Gold FG/LAB :pac:

I can picture it now.

Landlord has a months rent as a deposit.

Tenant has not paid a utility bill, not in their name.

Landlord withholds (or attempts to withhold all, or some of the deposit)

Tenant causes a bit of hassle for landlord, way in excess of what the deposit was.

I said from the start, bad idea.

And then it all ends up in prtb.

The government really are bloody idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Pocoyo wrote: »
    If you wish to pay an extra charge for water by all means do so,If you agree with charges you shouldnt care with the amount anyone else is paying,If your convictions are true im happy for you to pay. i think you should pay more than 80e in that case. pay the european average of 400e.

An extra charge? No since I moved to Dublin I haven't been paying water charges, I'm from Cavan where I've been paying them all my life. Now the government has decided that the water infrastructure needs to be sorted. I'm not happy to have another bill but I understand it's necessary.

Of course I care what others are paying. I agree with charges but the charges need to be consistent and proportional, seems like a flaw that 2 person households pay more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

What absolute nonsense this proposal of taking money from a tenants deposit for unpaid bills.

It gives a real insight into the sheer fucking stupidity of those who represent us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

It can be. I've paid bills for ESB for my old apt weeks into a new tenancy. That could be because ESB didn't send me the final bill on the same date I'm leaving and they didn't take the direct debit until a week later.

It can cause issues if a landlord is waiting for the bill to be paid.

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »

They have pissed off the unions,landlords,gardai,their own members,most of the public while nearly causing a class war at the same time,The idea of defending these idiots is laughable They cant even show their faces in public,Some people like been spit on i guess....Puppets! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement