Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

An extra charge? No since I moved to Dublin I haven't been paying water charges, I'm from Cavan where I've been paying them all my life. Now the government has decided that the water infrastructure needs to be sorted. I'm not happy to have another bill but I understand it's necessary.

Of course I care what others are paying. I agree with charges but the charges need to be consistent and proportional, seems like a flaw that 2 person households pay more.

Wouldn't mind a house in cavan bit of land nice air nice life. Away from neighbours.

Id swallow up paying for a well and a pump for all that.

How much was your LPT there?

Any subvention to cavan council from central taxes the bulk gendered from urban centres?

Jesus a detached house on land sounds great. Id love the option to have it and pay my own water way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Well, if they do the decent thing and pay their bills, it won't be a problem.

FF/FG and Labour decided the 'decent' thing to do was to pay of gambling debts of gamblers..........with our money.
    It's a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Delighted..Power to the people, Not greedy sociopaths!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭frippy

Whilst its ridiculous to land this on landlords laps, I cannot see a collective body of buy to let landlords receiving much public sympathy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL you might see a few protesters "break" through the Garda cordons now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

(Still watching this "debate" here). The B-team on for the government here rehashing the same spin as "new"

100% rebate if you're on a boil notice... that's been announced ages ago. Does nothing for you if you're not though but your water is undrinkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

FF/FG and Labour decided the 'decent' thing to do was to pay of gambling debts of gamblers..........with our money.
    It's a problem.

The didnt decide it was the 'decent' thing to do. They decided it was in your financial best interest to do so.

The didnt decide it was the 'decent' thing to do. They decided it was in your financial best interest to do so.

No that's a lie. It was proven that we were threatened by Europe into it.

Don't let's facts get in the way of your reality though

It's a problem.

To be fair to them their hands were tied by the previous pack of gougers that were supposedly in charge.

The didnt decide it was the 'decent' thing to do. They decided it was in your their mates and hangers-on financial best interest to do so.

FYP... I'm sure Hubert Kearns for example is thrilled with it!

• Advertisement

Jaysus.. I actually agree with O'Cuiv here! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

gandalf wrote: »
    To be fair to them their hands were tied by the previous pack of gougers that were supposedly in charge.

Fianna fail crooks is there proper title!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

I don't know about government funding, we paid almost 200 a year. 200 not paid by urban dwellers or indeed myself at the moment.

We drilled a well also but there was iron in the water so we had to purchase a filtration system that required maintenance and cleansing agent, ended up the GWS was cheaper.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Jaysus.. I actually agree with O'Cuiv here! :eek:

You need to wash your mouth out with dettol after saying that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

listermint wrote: »
    No that's a lie. It was proven that we were threatened by Europe into it.

Don't let's facts get in the way of your reality though

Being threatened doesnt make it not in your best interest. And if so, being threatened makes it even more in you interest to do what the threatener is demanding if they can extract harsh penalties for you non compliance. So clearly it was the best option for the government to take for you. Be grateful for their well motivated and good judgment in doing so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Fianna fail crooks is there proper title!

TBF.....FG and FF are the same thing **** the both of them.

You need to wash your mouth out with dettol after saying that.

I know :( But he was right.. they could just upload all these arguments to the web. None of them are listening to the others anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

When Alan Kelly was asked at the news conference, if people would be taken to court for non payment, he said it would be up to IW. Then he quickly mumbled something about peoples credit ratings being affected if this happened.

YET, yesterdays news told us this wouldn't be an issue!
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1118/660329-water-bills-creditworthy/

More little scare tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Larbre34 wrote: »
    ... not to mention the undetermined cost of the social welfare administration for the €100 rebate? ...

I can't see any valid reason why they decided to do this other than they think by making the rebate cumbersome that some will not bother applying and therefore save by stealth. The €100 refund equivalent to 27,000 litres @ €3.70/1000 litres could have been implemented seamlessly in the billing system at no cost. Other than that they were thinking carrots for donkeys and we will know the answer to that by the end of Feb.

I don't know about government funding, we paid almost 200 a year. 200 not paid by urban dwellers or indeed myself at the moment.

We drilled a well also but there was iron in the water so we had to purchase a filtration system that required maintenance and cleansing agent, ended up the GWS was cheaper.

You need to look up funding per head for cavan versus funding per head for Dublin.

Dublin people get literally a fraction of what cavan people get per head on services. Despite most of the revenue generation coming from urban populations. Now don't get me wrong I'm fine with that it's fair. There is jobs here.

But you can't be complaining based on above when you have to put your own well in and pay for filters on your lovely single detached plot with fresh air and lower LPT.

So excuse me if I'm struggling to catch the point of your argument.

Id love my own detached house. And love to have the opportunity of my own water supply filters or no filters. Fantastic

I wouldnt be grouching about it. Especially when my County gets more funding per head than those with a water supply direct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Sorry for the off topic but that Enda Kenny video has my blood boiling
    Its the most condescending, patronising and contemptible way to treat any one who has a right to dissent

On topic I'll probably cough up

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I know :( But he was right.. they could just upload all these arguments to the web. None of them are listening to the others anyway.

Watching him now. You know things are really ****ed up when Eamon O'Cuiv is making sense.

Sweet Jesus they are even making FF look competent. They must have hired IW's PR team for the day :)

Sorry for the off topic but that Enda Kenny video has my blood boiling
    Its the most condescending, patronising and contemptible way to treat any one who has a right to dissent

On topic I'll probably cough up

On topic. If you pay. Your agreeing with everything in that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Watching him now. You know things are really ****ed up when Eamon O'Cuiv is making sense.

Sweet Jesus they are even making FF look competent. They must have hired IW's PR team for the day :)

Ha I was just thinking that. Is this the same O'Cuiv that was falling asleep during key election campaigns? He is speaking sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Watching it too now , I'd say Enda's gonna flip if he hears the words " Irish Water " one more time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Chucken wrote: »
    More little scare tactics?

Most ordinary people cant sleep at night worrying about bills etc
    comes to appoint when we cant fear no more the fear has rattled us for too long.No more taxes im not paying they can send me to Mount Joy my situation
    is getting close to homelessness Alan kelly is leaving everything into Irish
    Water's hands I know they dont give a **** bout me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Phoebas wrote: »
    The general election. Massive vote for FG running on a pro water charge platform.

Go figure.

Ridiculous.

No mention in the 5 point plan of water charges.

FG support was based on the above.

And on FF demise,plus many other broken promises.

Water issue was secondary at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

look at your own bench Fergus, lol

look at your own bench Fergus, lol

To be fair I think he good-humouredly recognised that lol

Not sure what this speech is about though other than trying to clear his record.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That gobshíte Pat Rabbite on prime time last night said if they didn't set up Irish water there'd be restaurants and pubs going out of business because there'd be no water supply. The level of scaremongering was shocking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement