Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus now I am agreeing with David McWilliams, this is indeed a dark day for me !!!
    Once the deadline for the first payment has been extended, as it will be today, it will be extended again and again. In the end, the problem of charging for water in Ireland will be handed over to whoever wins the next election.

The reason for this is that the Irish Water disaster is killing the Government. In two weeks' time, there are likely to be more than 100,000 people on the streets. The polls reveal that this issue is hammering the Government. The economy is turning yet the Government's popularity is going down.

The issue is incompetence.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/david-mcwilliams/government-will-keep-extending-deadlines-for-water-charges-eventually-itll-bottle-it-30756335.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

She has to dumb it down for the audience.

Ah yes, the "make out the people are too thick to understand this complicated stuff" approach.

Condescending arrogance of the highest order.. but typical of the current government and its supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

FrostyJack wrote: »
    This is a deflection from the water issue, as I said above there are plenty of issues with IW and FG but should we just stop paying taxes because of it?

It raises bigger issues.

Kenny is incompetent,and should not be allowed to continue his divisive policies.

He has ignored the crisise in this country,and is incapable of confronting the many critical issues...

For example,health and homelessness.

His political ethos is corrupt and dangerous.

The so called government have demonstrated, a total lack of empathy,and leadership.

They have resorted to smear campaigns,
    and insults,and behaved in a totalitarian manner.

In light of the water debacle,they cannot be trusted to govern this country,for fear of another cock up.

They are out of control,and are unrecognisable as a democratic body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

She has to dumb it down for the audience.

Lol, constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

gladrags wrote: »
    It raises bigger issues.

Kenny is incompetent,and should not be allowed to continue his divisive policies.

He has ignored the crisise in this country,and is incapable of confronting the many critical issues...

For example,health and homelessness.

His political ethos is corrupt and dangerous.

The so called government have demonstrated, a total lack of empathy,and leadership.

They have resorted to smear campaigns,
    and insults,and behaved in a totalitarian manner.

In light of the water debacle,they cannot be trusted to govern this country,for fear of another cock up.

They are out of control,and are unrecognisable as a democratic body.

If only people had a periodic opportunity to vote for who they think their leader should be.....

Obviously, no such thing exists here, so we shall have to get by in the in the tyrannical state we have.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm not one for needlessly slagging politicians who actually put their heads above the parapet and do interviews - but she's spectacularly poor on Prime Time :eek:

........ "after I became Tanaiste"

Is she on a loop or what? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus this **** is insuffarable to listen to. Up the shinners !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus this **** is insuffarable to listen to. Up the shinners !
    Ah here. Frying pans and fire :eek::eek:

I do like her dress though. I'm looking at getting something in that shade of purple to wear over Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

The fear in her eyes,Kenny was the same its quite obvious they dont believe a word of this rubbish.Michael 'PRUDENT' Noonan must be crying in Das bunker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I think I'll be requesting a few hours off work on the 10th. Time to press the advantage home and keep the pressure on these incompetents.

Soo.. this guy accepts responsibility, buck stops with him, they got it wrong etc etc - but trust us, this time it'll be grand??

Hmmm...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

He looked like a man who didn't want to be reading out that speech today. I get the feeling he might be one of the first to split if this pressure keeps up. You can see that he doesn't seem as confident or believe in what he is saying half the time.

I never heard of Alan Kelly until this summer. He stepped in and tried to fix the sh1tstorm surrounding the Garth brooks gigs. I like Alan Kelly. Not because he tried to save the gigs. I like Alan Kelly because he's positive. He instils positivity. It's such a pity Kenny is using him as a pawn and probably filling him up with muck to spout about - 'reasonable people would pay'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

.....de loop :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse..... Clare Daly :mad:

That's to try and highlight that a lot of this started under her predecessor..

It's like how Kenny still bangs on about what they inherited from FF at every opportunity - 3 years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Clare Daly looks exactly like the landlady from the T.V. show Spaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Come rain or come sunshine I'll be there 10th Dec nice to feel powered :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

I never heard of Alan Kelly until this summer. He stepped in and tried to fix the sh1tstorm surrounding the Garth brooks gigs. I like Alan Kelly. Not because he tried to save the gigs. I like Alan Kelly because he's positive. He instils positivity. It's such a pity Kenny is using him as a pawn and probably filling him up with muck to spout about - 'reasonable people would pay'.

Not a chance varadkar and kelly have shown their true colours the man that could of saved FG was leo.... He chose a bad time to fall into line behind Kenny the man sold his soul. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I caught the end of the news a little while ago where Enda was on it. My mother says to me - I hope he will take a swear on not privitatising the water.

• Advertisement

If only people had a periodic opportunity to vote for who they think their leader should be.....

Obviously, no such thing exists here, so we shall have to get by in the in the tyrannical state we have.

We don't have to get by,luckily there is a choice.

And it appears the majority of people have proven this.

Hence the climbdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ah yes, the "make out the people are too thick to understand this complicated stuff" approach.

Unfortunately they are. They people have proven they are too thick in this debacle where their government tries to do the right thing for them but they kick up a storm. I have some sympathy for them. Fundamentally they know no better, but are exploited by opportunists willing to do so in order to further their own careers, finances, public profile, and power hunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

Zamboni wrote: »
    Why not just reduce all fees across the board by €100?

Irish water has to raise at least 271 million to ensure it passes the market corporation test which stipulates that over half of IW's revenue must come from charges in or
    Its kinda like having a relative/friend stick 1000's of euro into your bank account as a loan in order for you to apply for a much larger mortgage.

Anyone know if the the Government Subvention is still due to end in 2016 leaving us a 400-500 million shortfall?

Annnd RTE are done. 40 mins is all ye get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

Looks like some people may make money out of the new water charges scheme.
    Here’s how, in the Minister’s own words:
    “The capped charges will be €160 for single adult households…”
    “Households with either a water supply only or sewage only service [including those with septic tanks] will pay 50% of the new rates”
    That’s €80
    “All eligible households will receive a Water Conservation Grant of €100 per year.”
    That’s €20 in profit, every year, until January 2019.

http://www.thejournal.ie/making-money-from-water-charges-rebate-1789366-Nov2014/?utm_source=facebook_short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Unfortunately they are. They people have proven they are too thick in this debacle where their government tries to do the right thing for them but they kick up a storm. I have some sympathy for them. Fundamentally they know no better, but are exploited by opportunists willing to do so in order to further their own careers, finances, public profile, and power hunger.

Didn't you think the girl that got flung into the bollard on Sunday could have been a jihadist FFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I caught the end of the news a little while ago where Enda was on it. My mother says to me - I hope he will take a swear on not privitatising the water.

He could sweat to every single god worshiped around the World , It wouldn't make a difference Enda's day's are numbered to a maximum of 16 months.

I'd wager it will come sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fair play to Frank Flannery on Prime Time. Even he accepts what an utter clusterfcuk the whole thing is, and the hames FG have made of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Fair play to Frank Flannery on Prime Time. Even he accepts what an utter clusterfcuk the whole thing is, and the hames FG have made of it.

True enough, but in all seriousness what the fvck are the blueshirts thinking putting Frank Flannery on the telly in the first place? After the CRC scandal if they had any common sense they would have packed him off to deepest Borneo until after the next election.

This coalition is an omnishambles wrapped inside a clusterfck hidden in a hames!

• Advertisement

He was still playing the PR card,
    suggesting that Kenny etc,will learn from their mistakes.

A kind of "give them another chance" mentality.

Two faced f*****

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement