Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

That 100 euro Water Conservation Grant is ****e. I presume such a grant will only be paid out to those who wish to invest in a rain water harvesting system which can cost around 15,000 euro last time I checked. I think there is something else also called a water butt or something, costs may be cheaper on that option still though a job like that would still cost a bit of money. Those with the money for such work, will get the grant and those with low incomes will not have the money to carry out such work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Annnd RTE are done. 40 mins is all ye get
    That 100 euro Water Conservation Grant is ****e. I presume such a grant will only be paid out to those who wish to invest in a rain water harvesting system which can cost around 15,000 euro last time I checked. I think there is something else also called a water butt or something, costs may be cheaper on that option still though a job like that would still cost a bit of money. Those with the money for such work, will get the grant and those with low incomes will not have the money to carry out such work.

The "conservation grant"** will be given to every household which registers with IW. (No PPS number required)

Cancel your hysteria, it's not required just at the minute.

** quite what it has to do with conservation is not clear to me, but that's for another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whitelight

Joan -"older people use less water"??? WTF IS SHE ON ABOUT? they use less oil to heat their homes too because alot are terrified to turn their heating on for any length :/ god she makes my blood boil....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭mojesius

I never heard of Alan Kelly until this summer. He stepped in and tried to fix the sh1tstorm surrounding the Garth brooks gigs. I like Alan Kelly. Not because he tried to save the gigs. I like Alan Kelly because he's positive. He instils positivity. It's such a pity Kenny is using him as a pawn and probably filling him up with muck to spout about - 'reasonable people would pay'.

I was watching the news with my mam who said he's a 'dreamboat' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

True enough, but in all seriousness what the fvck are the blueshirts thinking putting Frank Flannery on the telly in the first place? After the CRC scandal if they had any common sense they would have packed him off to deepest Borneo until after the next election.

This coalition is an omnishambles wrapped inside a clusterfck hidden in a hames!

He doesn't work for FG any more so I doubt it was them that had him go on.

I wouldn't say there's any love lost between himself and Enda either!
    gladrags wrote: »
    He was still playing the PR card,
    suggesting that Kenny etc,will learn from their mistakes.

A kind of "give them another chance" mentality.

Two faced f*****

Well he's a dyed in the wool FG man, so you'd expect him to show some unwavering support to the party. Still though, the fact that he was openly critical of IW and the way in which it was established and set up, and the role the government played in it is to be welcomed. He could have just as easily played the whole thing down gone on a rant about other parties, which tbh is what I expected when I seen him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

whitelight wrote: »
    Joan -"older people use less water"??? WTF IS SHE ON ABOUT?

That's because they're dying off. She's a lying smug git.

For the peeeeepppplleee...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Why is Joan going up and down the country so much? Drug mule?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Joan -"older people use less water"??? WTF IS SHE ON ABOUT? they use less oil to heat their homes too because alot are terrified to turn their heating on for any length :/ god she makes my blood boil....

She's right there too. Some of the old men around my town hasn't used a tap in a long time. The filth and the stink from them is unreal.

she's stuck on repeat ....like a really really ugly furby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

She is giving a pensioner couple €436.60 a week probably tax free plus €20 a week fuel allowance for 6 months of the year. With two medical cards, free tv licence and unlimited free travel. Into a mortgage free house in most cases.

What are they spending the money on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Joan " when I became Tanaiste" Burton is beyond a joke, she will lead the Labour party into extinction.

smash wrote: »
    That's because they're dying off. She's a lying smug git.

For the peeeeepppplleee...

They are living longer than ever. A typical couple can look forward to 20 years on the very generous pensions they are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

an omnishambles wrapped inside a clusterfck hidden in a hames!

WATERGATE!!

what are they spending their money on??cost of living, maybe trying to help out their unemployed children and grandchildren, nursing home costs, funeral costs .Christ I don't know ,but I do know they are the people who built up this country our parents and grandparents and they deserve better then to be hassled in what should be their golden years.

what are they spending their money on??cost of living, maybe trying to help out their unemployed children and grandchildren, nursing home costs, funeral costs .Christ I don't know ,but I do know they are the people who built up this country our parents and grandparents and they deserve better then to be hassled in what should be their golden years.

If you think they have it bad wait until your turn. There will be five pensioners for every two workers. With the wealth residing more and more with the pensioners. But they can't be touched no matter how rich they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Tony EH wrote: »
    Until 2016, when they gouge what they want from you.

How are they going to do that..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The "conservation grant"** will be given to every household which registers with IW. (No PPS number required)

Cancel your hysteria, it's not required just at the minute.

** quite what it has to do with conservation is not clear to me, but that's for another thread.

It's an attempt at 'conservation' of votes.
    It won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

She is giving a pensioner couple €436.60 a week probably tax free plus €20 a week fuel allowance for 6 months of the year. With two medical cards, free tv licence and unlimited free travel. Into a mortgage free house in most cases.

What are they spending the money on?

I don't begrudge looking after the elderly of the country, not one bit.

It's the long term unemployed, mickey money spongers I have a problem with getting house's handed to them on a plate whilst at the same time driving around in good cars with a stick of nicotine as their 6 finger and at the weekends drinking themselves close to a coma only to come around on Tuesday when it's time to collect the dole or mickey money once more that has just been payed straight into their bank account.

It's an attempt at 'conservation' of votes.
    It won't work.

What policies can they bring in before the election which will work (get them re-elected)?

They are living longer than ever. A typical couple can look forward to 20 years on the very generous pensions they are getting.

Yea, especially if it's a PS or semi state company pension.....that they pay very little for during their working lives, nowhere near what a person with a private pension would be paying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well assuming they get re-elected (not a certainty by any means) they'll have 5 years to do what they want again

And legislation can be changed in the morning... or middle of the night!

not every pensioner is sitting on a gold mine...... and when its my turn I hope the young people in the country don't abandon me when I need support . might by more young people in Ireland if they were not forced to emigrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Like this you mean:pac:

What an asshole

Yea, especially if it's a PS or semi state company pension.....

That sector of the work forces is around 300,000 out of 2 million workers. The statistics for longevity apply across the board. People are living 10 years longer now than in 1960. And there is going to be a major crisis in pension provision and geriatric health care. There simply won't be enough workers to pay the taxes if the rich pensioners can get their money at the current level for 20 or 30 years. One in five people alive today can expect to live to over 100.

What policies can they bring in before the election which will work (get them re-elected)?

None.
    FG and Labour are a busted flush.
    They've lost the people.

None.
    They've lost the people.

No water charges at all then after the election. Meanwhile workers have to put up with a 7 year pay freeze and pay cuts amounting to as much in a week as a years' water charge in some cases. And the idiot union leaders want them to come out to march against the water charge. While selling them down the river when it comes to their pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

None.
    They've lost the people.

Indeed.

Its looking like Taoiseach Adams & Tanaiste Joe Higgins come 2016......

Then the fun begins
    Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

None.
    They've lost the people.

Labour can try to not end up like the PD's and greens before the next election.

FG can hope to be the stay in the top 3/4 parties or voting %'s.

Thats about it. Neither will be re elected I think they have now both accepeted that. From here on it will be a campaign to stop shinners getting in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

But the CER also confirmed charges could rise to almost €600 for cash-strapped families in two years’ time.Mr McGowan said this could happen when the Government subsidy expires in 2016 – but stressed it was “too early” to deal with this.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/irish-water-households-face-600-4479716

That was working on the previous arrangement, timescale has changed after today of course.

• Advertisement

She has to dumb it down for the audience.

the audience and the people of Ireland are anything but stupid at this stage............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement