Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Indeed.

Its looking like Taoiseach Adams & Tanaiste Joe Higgins come 2016......

Then the fun begins
    Can't wait.

Biffo's brother is making a lot of noise lately. Could be him and Mary Lou.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Do I have this right?
    A household with one occupant pays €60 net.
    A household with two occupants pays €160 net.
    If my maths is right that means one household with two occupants will pay more than double what two single occupant households will pay.
    How does that make sense?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Hermy wrote: »
    Do I have this right?
    If my maths is right that means one household with two occupants will pay more than double what two single occupant households will pay.

And a single occupant householder with a septic tank will pay 80 and get 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Do I have this right?

They pay more per person if there's 2 but if there's 3+ they pay less per person.

Obviously the 160 was designed with families in mind. Children use water even if they aren't charged.

whitelight wrote: »
    Joan -"older people use less water"??? WTF IS SHE ON ABOUT? they use less oil to heat their homes too because alot are terrified to turn their heating on for any length :/ god she makes my blood boil....

yeah - they use less water cos they're "out more" !!! WTF??
    where are they going? Nightclubbing, holidays, Pilates??? Where?? What did she mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Biffo's brother is making a lot of noise lately. Could be him and Mary Lou.

Naw.

Gurry ain't going anywhere.

Odds are it will be him presented with an army guard of honour as he gets swore in in may 2016

What happened to economy's of scale?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whitelight

none of it makes any sense ,the "facts" and" figures" none of it. the more they struggle the deeper they sink......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Labour can try to not end up like the PD's and greens before the next election.

FG can hope to be the stay in the top 3/4 parties or voting %'s.

Thats about it. Neither will be re elected I think they have now both accepeted that. From here on it will be a campaign to stop shinners getting in.

Do you have any opinion polls to back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Do I have this right?

It's not fair but it's all to do with this €100 rebate thing.

So the real charge is €160 single and €260 for 2 adults or more, however only one €100 rebate applies per household.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Remember folks, if you shower once a month, and bury your s*** in your garden instead of flushing, you could save on your bill...anything up to €2 per year, *pats customer on the head*.

none of it makes any sense ,the "facts" and" figures" none of it. the more they struggle the deeper they sink......

I take the long view. It took nearly 40 years for the decision in 1977 to abolish domestic rates and motor tax to finally come full circle. Motor tax came back in fairly quickly, water charges in Dublin failed before as did property tax nationally. Water charges may even fail again but bin charges are in and so is property tax.

But we are heading for much harder decisions as the population keeps increasing but the working age element becomes proportionally smaller. Putting everything essentially on to income tax in 1977 was a mad decision and has been proved to be so but it will be completely unsustainable in future years.

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's not fair but it's all to do with this €100 rebate thing.

So the real charge is €160 single and €260 for 2 adults are more however only one €100 rebate applies per household.

Yeah, when you look at the gross figure it makes a little bit more sense.
    But the whole thing is just so poorly thought out!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Naw.

Gurry ain't going anywhere.

Odds are it will be him presented with an army guard of honour as he gets swore in in may 2016

LOL at the childish namecalling.....'Gurry':D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

My four year old girl hit me with one last week.....
    There was anarchy in my house, anarchy I tell ya!!!!!

I hope you peppersprayed her.:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

As expected Joan came across completely clueless on Prime Time. I'd like to see where she got the "old people use less water" figures from as well, they just keep on digging. Her smug comments about "when she became Tanaiste" didn't do her any favours either :pac:

much harder times???are backs are to the wall now...the government squandered billions of euro ,Europe is bleeding us dry , bonuses, unsecured bonds, setting up IW ,voting machines blah, blah, blah, but sure suck it up lads stop moaning its gonna get worse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Where is all this brainless criticism of Joan's statement that older people use less water? Just because you know nothing about water consumption data doesnt mean she does too. In this case, she is on top of her brief. And correct. But, that doesnt sit well with those who just want to mock and criticise. Get yisser facts in order rather than being shown up as idiots.

Jeez, the pro water taxers are reeling tonight...:rolleyes:

And a single occupant householder with a septic tank will pay 80 and get 100.

So does this mean that some people are gonna be 20 quid better off?

Feckin' hilarious if that's the case.:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone else see Clare Daly on VB.
    How can anyone take a single world this govt say seriously or believe a single thing they tell us, ref this sham of a charge?

First, it was absolutely essential they had pps numbers, otherwise the system couldn't work. (now it isn't)

Secondly, it was absolutely essential they set the tariffs the rate they were, otherwise the system wouldn't work (now it isnt)

Then it wasn't necessary to change the legislation to ensure Irish Water would always remain in public hands, and could never be sold (now it is)

Gerry Buttimer squirming like a worm...... This is great Wednesday night viewing tbh.

/opens beer :D

Stargate wrote: »
    Love it when she says .

" I have been up and down the country talking to people " :p

Same line as 3 days ago . Jez

Fookin hell,How many people CAN you fit in the back of a squad car.?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Had to turn off VB! He was really annoying me tonight. Gerry Buttimer has the same look in his eyes that David Moyes had a few weeks before he got the chop at United! Dead man walking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Like this you mean:pac:

He's a gas man

I think she only threw in that comment to calm down any older people watching so if they have not signed up now, they might ,pffff .if she is right.. lets say she is... the little they use will get more expensive when they add vat on and then more expensive when they start to hike it up year after year after year. and that goes for everyone who buys into this quango.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Soo.. this guy accepts responsibility, buck stops with him, they got it wrong etc etc - but trust us, this time it'll be grand??

Hmmm...

" I signed the contract and I broke it";)
    Kennys epitaph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

I think she only threw in that comment to calm down any older people watching so if they have not signed up now, they might ,pffff .if she is right.. lets say she is... the little they use will get more expensive when they add vat on and then more expensive when they start to hike it up year after year after year. and that goes for everyone who buys into this quango.

She didnt. This is the ignorant observation that pervades this almost debate. Older people use less water. But still, jumping to erroneous conclusions is more fun when all you want to do is whinge about the government rather than listen seriously to what they are saying. No wonder they country is a shambles - its citizens ensure it is so.

Everyone here knows this government will be gone in 2016. Who are you saying will be putting VAT on water and increasing the charges?

" I signed the contract and I broke it";)
    Kennys epitaph

Na, it'd be...

Enda Kenny

'I finished the job FF started'

• Advertisement

A lot can happen in a year,I hope your right I hope they will be gone...I hope not one of them keeps a seat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement