Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Joan's figures say that IW will bring in 500m in year one. 271m from households. Personally I done see those figures at all, especially since Miriam said that its been calculated that they'll make 90m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

She didnt. This is the ignorant observation that pervades this almost debate. Older people use less water. But still, jumping to erroneous conclusions is more fun when all you want to do is whinge about the government rather than listen seriously to what they are saying. No wonder they country is a shambles - its citizens ensure it is so.

Indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

She didnt. This is the ignorant observation that pervades this almost debate. Older people use less water. But still, jumping to erroneous conclusions is more fun when all you want to do is whinge about the government rather than listen seriously to what they are saying. No wonder they country is a shambles - its citizens ensure it is so.

You appear rather worked up this evening. I find when debating on the internet, people respond well to being called idiots. Keep up the good work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

whitelight wrote: »
    A lot can happen in a year,I hope your right I hope they will be gone...I hope not one of them keeps a seat.

If FG go it will only be as far as the opposition bench to be replaced by FF in government and the charade will continue.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

whitelight wrote: »
    A lot can happen in a year,I hope your right I hope they will be gone...I hope not one of them keeps a seat.

So who'll be running the show? A lot of talk in here about finishing the government but not many suggesting who'll do a better job whilst maintaining our economic growth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Could you enlighten me as to how old people use less water?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

omega man wrote: »
    So who'll be running the show? A lot of talk in here about finishing the government but not many suggesting who'll do a better job whilst maintaining our economic growth.

Feck it. I'll give it a go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Hermy wrote: »
    If FG go it will only be as far as the opposition bench to be replaced by FF in government and the charade will continue.:(

It won't be FF on their own. We haven't had a single party government since the record result in 1977 for Jack Lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

Chucken wrote: »

Sweet, that's one to start with. You can be minister for craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whitelight

I agree that's the problem ,a lot of people don't know who to vote for or should I say who to trust. economic growth?? a lot of people a waiting to truly see that yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Chucken wrote: »

Taoiseach Chuck.

Got a ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Could you enlighten me as to how old people use less water?

It's obvious. They smell therefore they use less water !!!!

It won't be FF on their own. We haven't had a single party government since the record result in 1977 for Jack Lynch.

Maybe not but it will still be the usual suspects calling the shots.
    And both Labour and the Greens have both been almost indistinguishable from their respective senior coalition partners in government.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

The thing is with these changes, us Irish are thick as champ and will fall for this sh1t, sign up then 2016/7 the price will rocket and there's jack sh1t we can do. That or it'll be privatised then were truely fvuked!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

duckcfc wrote: »
    The thing is with these changes, us Irish are thick as champ and will fall for this sh1t, sign up then 2016/7 the price will rocket and there's jack sh1t we can do. That or it'll be privatised then were truely fvuked!!

That's the plan ok.
    Question is, are the majority stupid enough to fall for it?
    Time will tell.

I'm reminded of this little adage which I first came across in the IPU magazine.
    In the beginning was the Plan
    and then came the assumptions
    and the assumptions were without form
    and the plan was completely without substance
    and the darkness was upon the faces of the employees
    and they spake amongst themselves, saying
    "It is a crock of sh!t and it stinks!"
    and the employees went unto their supervisors, saying
    "It is a pail of dung and none may abide the odor thereof."
    and the supervisors went unto their division managers, saying
    "It is a vessel of fertilizer and none may abide its strength."
    and the division managers went unto their system managers, saying
    "It contains that which aids plant growth and it is very strong."
    and the general manager went unto the Board, saying
    "It promotes growth and is very powerful."
    and the general manager went unto the Board, saying
    "This new plan will actively promote the growth and efficiency of this
    organization."
    and the Board looked upon the plan and saw that it was good
    and the Plan became Policy
    This is how sh!t happens.

Goodnight.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

whens the General election ? Moanface will lose her seat immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Theyll try hang around until they push this through like the last government and then ride off into the sunset like Cowan did

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

That's the plan ok.
    Question is, are the majority stupid enough to fall for it?
    Time will tell.

Time will tell that were all a bunch of wimps that will fall for it, we always do ffs. How many times have the government screwd us yet people still fall for their sh1te!! Come a few years we'll all be paying our water at atrocious rates to the government or private company!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That sector of the work forces is around 300,000 out of 2 million workers. The statistics for longevity apply across the board. People are living 10 years longer now than in 1960. And there is going to be a major crisis in pension provision and geriatric health care. There simply won't be enough workers to pay the taxes if the rich pensioners can get their money at the current level for 20 or 30 years. One in five people alive today can expect to live to over 100.

Can you give us a breakdown of the State Pension then versus the average Public Sector Pension then. That would be more interesting no?

Proportionally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

duckcfc wrote: »
    Time will tell that were all a bunch of wimps that will fall for it, we always do ffs. How many times have the government screwd us yet people still fall for their sh1te!! Come a few years we'll all be paying our water at atrocious rates to the government or private company!!

This time last year I would have agreed with you but it's starting to feel like people have finally woken up and can see how badly they've been getting done. I can only speak from what I've seen in my own family and friends but even the older generations who would have usually gone along with everything the government has said without batting an eyelid are starting to see through all the **** they are getting fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It may or may not be short lived but I must admit it is great craic looking at all those government ministers and lackey's having that perma-smug grin wiped off their faces.

The genuinely can't believe whats happening to them and have not one single coherent answer for any question put to them.

Their spin is not working so we can be sure that the scaremongering will dramatically increase over the coming days/weeks.

The "resonable people" will pay up line is also really backfiring. Yet more insults on the citizenry of this country.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

looks like some of the lads down in limerick have had enough of enda & co.
    FINE Gael in Limerick has been dealt a blow after the members of a southside branch disbanded the group and quit the party en-masse.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/fine-gael-members-in-limerick-quit-in-protest-at-amateur-party-1-6426222#.VG0CTvQtIa4.twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

listermint wrote: »
    Can you give us a breakdown of the State Pension then versus the average Public Sector Pension then. That would be more interesting no?

Proportionally

Have a gander at this

http://www.per.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/Analysis-of-Exchequer-Pay-and-Pensions-Bill-2007-20121.pdf

Makes for some extraordinary reading. The public sector pension bill is astronomical and from the figures it is completely unsustainable.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

listermint wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind a house in cavan bit of land nice air nice life. Away from neighbours.

Id swallow up paying for a well and a pump for all that.

How much was your LPT there?

Any subvention to cavan council from central taxes the bulk gendered from urban centres?

Jesus a detached house on land sounds great. Id love the option to have it and pay my own water way.

Jesus Listermint, I know its bleak times and all......but Cavan????
    Don't do it mate ;):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

This time last year I would have agreed with you but it's starting to feel like people have finally woken up and can see how badly they've been getting done. I can only speak from what I've seen in my own family and friends but even the older generations who would have usually gone along with everything the government has said without batting an eyelid are starting to see through all the **** they are getting fed.

48 hours ago we were still being 'called sinister' by the media if you didnt have access to social media you would of thought the government had the majority of the people on their side against a tiny minority of dissident wacko's,The FG sheeple that believed the cover up propaganda by this government must in awe of this turn around. RTE and Denis o'briens empire will be the next in line for reform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

bajer101 wrote: »
    Pro tip to the water protesters in Donaghmede this morning. If you want other people to pay for your water, it would be handy if you didn't block the traffic and delay them getting to work.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭mojesius

Not so sure she will. She's quite popular out here (unfortunately), usually gets in on 1st or 2nd count. Although it's a tough constituency now with Joe Higgins, Leo aka Minister of Opinions, and Ruth Coppinger. Not sure what shinner they'll put up or FF. It'll be interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Theyll try hang around until they push this through like the last government and then ride off into the sunset like Cowan did

And then the next shower will spend years blaming the other crowd for the decisions they made?

FF and FG need to be destroyed by the electorate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

And then the next shower will spend years blaming the other crowd for the decisions they made?

FF and FG need to be destroyed by the electorate.

To be replaced by who in the next Government? And a proper answer please, not just the usual "any bunch of monkeys would be better than that shower". Really think about it. Sinn Fein and a load of independents?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement