Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Caliden wrote: »
    Please go on.

Also, isnt the FDI policy just a continuation of the fianna fail policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I'm signed up for water charges.

The government need to give IW more power to force the 'water spongers' to pay. If they don't it means they're not interested in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

You don't understand the word ingenious, obviously, but why you use it is hard to understand. (You introduce a red herring then congratulate yourself for coming up with it).

The economic indicators are very favourable and testament to Govt policy in helping industry get back on its feet and encouraging FDI, which was and still is badly needed. Look at Bristol Myers Squib news this week? What role did the Govt play in that? Do you care?

There have been many reasons for Ireland's recovery and the Irish people is but one of them. It couldn't happen without the right Govt policy.

But then again, from your post, it seems you have a closed mind to anything other than your own opinions.

Cronyism,corruption.

The abandoning of essental services.

Closing emergency service.

Retracting funding from volunteer bodies who support special needs,rape and child
    abuse,Autism and mental health in general.

Robbing OAP's medical cards.

Lying about there 5 point plan.

Using sexual abuse as a means to an end.

Abandoning the homeless.

Failing to jail the very unreasonable bankers.

More to Follow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Phoebas wrote: »
    And there was I thinking it required a vote of the Dáil.

irishtimes_zps1ac3de73.jpg

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

You don't understand the word ingenious, obviously, but why you use it is hard to understand. (You introduce a red herring then congratulate yourself for coming up with it).

The economic indicators are very favourable and testament to Govt policy in helping industry get back on its feet and encouraging FDI, which was and still is badly needed. Look at Bristol Myers Squib news this week? What role did the Govt play in that? Do you care?

There have been many reasons for Ireland's recovery and the Irish people is but one of them. It couldn't happen without the right Govt policy.

But then again, from your post, it seems you have a closed mind to anything other than your own opinions.

Fg Labour achievements so far

Cronyism,corruption.

Closing emergency services.

Sending the health system spiralling into chaos,via John O'Reilly.

Retracting funding from volunteer bodies who support special needs,rape and child

Abandoning the homeless.

Theres more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

just seen alan kelly say this
    He also said that measures would be put in place for those who can’t pay, such as paying €5 a month or “over a couple of months” at the Post Office.

its about the first sensible change they've come up with. i cant understand why this option wasnt in place from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

The government need to give IW more power to force the 'water spongers' to pay. If they don't it means they're not interested in fairness.

The Government needs to treat IW as it's own company and allow it to succeed or make mistakes by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

just seen alan kelly say this

its about the first sensible change they've come up with. i cant understand why this option wasnt in place from day one.

would be put in place

It's 4 months before billing starts and only now they're working on the details.

There's a lot of talk starting with 'We plan to' or 'we will be' with zero reference to when or how long. It's deflection, pure and simple and it will be put on the long finger.

Paying through the post office, will it come with a penalty for paying in increments like motor tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I honestly think they need to delay this back by a few months at least. There are probably a lot more mistakes in the *pipeline :cool:, rushing it will just make them look worse when they surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

gladrags wrote: »
    Fg Labour achievements so far

Cronyism,corruption.

Closing emergency services.

Sending the health system spiralling into chaos,via John O'Reilly.

Abandoning the homeless.

Theres more.

The biggest one for me is blindly and cowardly supporting the Fianna Fail policy of making private banking debt into national debt. Criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Red Pepper wrote: »
    The biggest one for me is blindly and cowardly supporting the Fianna Fail policy of making private banking debt into national debt. Criminal.

YES !!!
    And that needs to be UNWOUND.

Banks, Builders, BondHolders, failed Politicians, Quangos, Cronys, EU, ECB, IMF ..... that is why there is no Muny. :mad:
    It seems each Oirish person supposedly owes 9,000 Euros to the Kunts ; the average per person owed in other
    EU cuntries is around 200 yoyos.

Also ... the EU needs to be toult to Fooooook Off :-
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/the-irish-took-austerity-lying-down-german-poll-30758570.html

D'EU interferes in Oirish affairs too much - even over this water business :-
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/irish-water-crisis/minister-admits-risk-around-water-charges-passing-eu-rules-30759215.html

It will be very interesting indeed fur Oireland if the British (biggest trading partner) decide to come out of d'EU in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Whats it to you if somebody pays a bill or not?

Do you have the same level of indignation about people not paying their UPC or ESB bill?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Be fair, if you want to blame an individual (and it should be a collective blame) it's Phil Hogan who should carry the can, not Kelly.

Sorry I was being bold and quoting from his speech yesterday ;)

Phil Hogan was the worst minister in the Government before he was sent off to pasture in Europe. It is baffling how public service works in this country, the ones who mess up the most, are the most incompetent, even the more corrupt seem to get rewarded the most. FG did promise to end this type of behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

gandalf wrote: »
    FG did promise....

And there's where/why you should have stopped listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Leader's Questions
    What absolute horse ****.
    What Questions were answered by Burton?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Allyall wrote: »
    And there's where/why you should have stopped listening.

Once bitten ..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If I was the Government I'd double the €160 just for people being stupid. Don't pay just fine them €1,000 every week until paying.

Well, thank christ you don't have any say with any government decision, in any way at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Phil Hogan was the worst minister in the Government before he was sent off to pasture in Europe. It is baffling how public service works in this country, the ones who mess up the most, are the most incompetent, even the more corrupt seem to get rewarded the most. FG did promise to end this type of behaviour.

I actually think Howlin was the worst minister based mainly on how we handled the allowances and protected the public sector.

If I was the Government I'd double the €160 just for people being stupid. Don't pay just fine them €1,000 every week until paying.

nice to see Denis O' Brien here!!!
    your statements don't reflect your name, think about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Royal Tara

So in the unlikely event we will pay our water charge. how long will it take to get the 100 euro credit. How long is this 100 euro guaranteed for? If we dont have a cheque in 3 months can we attach a 30 euro fine to the government and deduct it off our next water bill,
    Thought not. I believe they can withdraw that 100 euro concession anytime they like. Is that true??
    Judging by the NCT backlog we will be waiting for our 100 euro..
    Now isnt that another great money spinner, Waiting times for NCT 3-5 months but if u have an nct booked you can still get an on the spot fine, Sure they will pay for the new pipework in no time with that scam.
    Sick of this government - and I was one of the fools who voted for them believing their lies.. wont be caught again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

P.Hogan needs to be pulled back to clean up his mess. People should really target him in the protests in my opinion. What a reward he got for his incompetence. Europe needs to know the type of person that is in power for its greater good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the unholy trinity of Burton vradkar and Kelly have to go after all they have said and done! threatening people with jail and blackmailing them with the prospect of their neighbours knowing they got jailed for not paying water tax, what next minister Kelly? vradkar already said nobody should be cut off but qualified by stating that other ways should be found to "take" the money from them! and Burton is just brutal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The appropriate legislation is in place to protect it from being privatised. Are you just scaremongering again?

It's not necessary to have a constitutional bar to privatisation.

I'll just leave this here.
    Anyone else see Clare Daly on VB.
    Clare Daly wrote:
    How can anyone take a single world this govt say seriously or believe a single thing they tell us, ref this sham of a charge? 

First, it was absolutely essential they had pps numbers, otherwise the system couldn't work. (now it isn't) 

Secondly, it was absolutely essential they set the tariffs the rate they were, otherwise the system wouldn't work (now it isnt) 

Then it wasn't necessary to change the legislation to ensure Irish Water would always remain in public hands, and could never be sold (now it is)

Gerry Buttimer squirming like a worm...... This is great Wednesday night viewing tbh.

/opens beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Royal Tara wrote: »
    Judging by the NCT backlog we will be waiting for our 100 euro..
    The worst thing they ever did was getting the NCT people involved. :(

P.Hogan needs to be pulled back to clean up his mess. People should really target him in the protests in my opinion. What a reward he got for his incompetence. Europe needs to know the type of person that is in power for its greater good.

but he's exactly the type europe want. an intellectually disabled 'yes' man that will do their bidding AND eventually take the fall for it if it goes tits up (he just doesnt know it yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

foggy_lad wrote: »
    the unholy trinity of Burton vradkar and Kelly have to go after all they have said and done! threatening people with jail and blackmailing them with the prospect of their neighbours knowing they got jailed for not paying water tax, what next minister Kelly? vradkar already said nobody should be cut off but qualified by stating that other ways should be found to "take" the money from them! and Burton is just brutal!

There is no way in hell. Back benchers are happy going back to their localities with things as they are.

December is going to be massive. Expect a pull from back benchers on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

JRant wrote: »
    Water is not free in Ireland, its paid for through taxation.

Why can't people seem to understand that very simple point?

Dunno, but why should reasonable (usually higher-rate) taxpayers be expected to pay for wasteful eejits who - literally - pour treated water down the drain?

(And for the record, I include some of my own family members, who run the tap for five minutes before filling the kettle, in the group "wasteful eejits")

Dunno, but why should reasonable (usually higher-rate) taxpayers be expected to pay for wasteful eejits who - literally - pour treated water down the drain?

(And for the record, I include some of my own family members, who run the tap for five minutes before filling the kettle, in the group "wasteful eejits")

what correlation is there between a taxpayer's reasoning and their tax rate?

are you saying in general, only the ones who pay more tax can be considered reasonable people?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I pay the top rate of tax and have done for a number of years. Am I considered reasonable?

I know what's not reasonable your kettle story. I've never witnessed a tap run for five minutes for a kettle. In my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Well if you feel that strongly about it, fit a gray water system in your home. Problem solved.

IW has nothing to do woth conservation. The government have told us that.

I'd be more inclined to get annoyed at the CC managers who've sat idle while near 50% of all treated water leaks into the ground get the reward of overseeing it again. Now thats real waste, not to be compaired with someone leaving a tap on for a few minutes.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement