Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Video here I guess ISIS extremists go round water ballooning there victims

Christ almighty tbh

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

I was a firm Atheist before IW came into the picture but now after all that's gone on I'm strongly considering coverting and taking up holy war in the name of Allah. Your move Enda, your move :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Chinasea wrote: »
    How come people are not up in arms and obsessing about how much consultants, barristers, judges, doctors, senior civil servants, CEO's of charities and so on are being paid and robbing us blind.

You do know that one of the reasons for some people protesting is because this Government were supposed to be dealing with those very people and now they see another massive quango being created and populated with overpaid management types who couldn't deliver when they worked in the councils and with various party politically affiliated types embedded into the board.

It is certainly a factor in my opposition to Irish Water. If we were truly in a new era this organisation should have been set up as a lean one without any "fat" attached. I thought the whole reason to have Bord Gais given the contract to set up Irish Water was to mitigate the costs in setting up a company from scratch. Far from doing that it appears that it has cost us a lot more than it should have with unspecified consultant fees being heaped upon the taxpayer. And now some of the people who worked for those consultants have wormed their way into jobs with this bloated quango.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭sjb25

shinzon wrote: »

Christ almighty tbh

Shin

Iv never really been on the no side but ah FFS ISIS facepalm time ISIS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

shinzon wrote: »

Christ almighty tbh

Shin

There is a man whos ignorance needs to be nipped in the bud.

How dare he compare the citizens of this country with Religious Extremists who are going around cutting the heads from peaceful individuals and murdering women children and men at will.

That man is an utter ignorant fool and a disgrace to his constituency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Fine Gael, the party that thinks throwing water balloons is the same as beheadings.

Even their clueless PR company advisers know that when you're in a hole stop digging.

Yet here we are, day after day they dig a bit deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Who vetted those notes before he was allowed open his mouth?

Caliden wrote: »
    Who vetted those notes before he was allowed open his mouth?

Probably '35000' minimum wage Enda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

jaysus. Ive heard it all now. water protests potentially equate to isis and all the crazy off the wall goings on in their caliphate. jihadiland is a beyond crazy place how can he even attempt to make such a comparison. clearly its designed to intimidate/scare or tarnish legitimate peaceful protest .but really its a bit funny. phuckin jihadiland, huh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wonder how the families of victims killed by ISIS would feel about what he said.

Reducing that situation to water protests in a Western European country. What a gormless scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Lame Duck Government

[Vote RPPP #1]

OMG what planet is that man on. People like Noel Coonan really should have no place in National Politics. That speech is an embarrassment of the highest order. To compare people who are carrying out legitimate protests for a very legitimate reason to murdering religious extremist psychopaths is an example of how totally and utterly detached these people are from the sentiment of the people and from reality itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

ISIS?????

That has made my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think it is a great deal for people who always paid for water and have septic tanks.
    We will be getting €100 back towards the cost per annum.

btw I think the people on the mains water and sewage system are getting a great deal too, but that is not a popular opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

What an absolute scumbag. Lowest of the low. Fine Gael hit rock bottom awhile ago but have recently started digging again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

What a deluded fool that man is. Ladies and gentlemen......... our Government:eek:

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think it is a great deal for people who always paid for water and have septic tanks.
    We will be getting €100 back towards the cost per annum.

btw I think the people on the mains water and sewage system are getting a great deal too, but that is not a popular opinion.

A great deal for what? It'll take 7 years at that rate to cover the setup costs of Irish Water alone, not to mention the running costs. A great deal of unadulterated waste of public money is the only great deal we'll see involving water in the next 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What a deluded fool that man is. Ladies and gentlemen......... our Government:eek:

Jesus we're really fooked:mad:

jesus Christ all mighty, I'm incensed by this "Noel Coonan" tool.
    I'd say they were at a meeting and told to run with discrediting the protestors and so this F*ckwit decided, ah sure I'll go one behhor!!! It's ISIS so it is!!

amazing you wont see that sort of propaganda on primetime. in bred moronic F*ckin excuse for a P*ick. I notice all these lads are no strangers to a roast beef dinner either!! big bloated, fake, purple bulbous heads on every one o dem!! dining on our Tax dollars. The really do resemble FAT CATS!!!

I hope Kenny get peacefully, but with strong verbal aggression, lambasted tomorrow!! Go On CORK!!!!

and I'm a DUB!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just stuck on Dail TV .. "reasonable people", "certainty", "conservation" all in 2 mins from some anonymous FG backbencher.

Clearly they're still going with the "if you repeat something often enough, people will believe it" approach. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Saw this on Politics.ie

In the words of Billy Connolly....

"The desire to be a politician should preclude you for life from ever being one".

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Just stuck on Dail TV .. "reasonable people", "certainty", "conservation" all in 2 mins from some anonymous FG backbencher.

Clearly they're still going with the "if you repeat something often enough, people will believe it" approach. :rolleyes:

unfortunately that goes both ways, they say reasonable, they think docile.
    they say ISIS but they mean NORMAL independent thinking people....

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

I don't know why everyone is upset by Deputy Coonan's comments, It's great to see, it shows how low they have sunk, it's just another grave that has been dug and another seat lost, The people are not fallen for the lies and spin and come Dec 10th we will show Enda that this is only the beginning and together as a people we will bring this government to it's knees

NO TO WATER CHARGES EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Saw this on Politics.ie

In the words of Billy Connolly....

"The desire to be a politician should preclude you for life from ever being one".

Very true.. this nonsense of family dynasties and jobs for life in our political system is a massive problem. Being a TD should be a privilege, not a right - and certainly not because your Daddy was the local TD before you.

Solution: Limit consecutive Government terms to 2x4 years, and a max of 3x4 year terms for TDs themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Noel Coonan is president of the Collins 22 Society - http://www.generalmichaelcollins.com/

This was his election leaflet - http://i.imgur.com/UXdouYH.jpg

Michael Collins would be spinning in his grave having this gormless imbecile use his name and image.

"Let's take our country back"

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Jesus we're really fooked:mad:

The more crap these lads come out with the more pissed im getting with them and I am sure I am not the only one. If they don't cut out this patronising propaganda they will be out on their ear before Christmas. ISIS ffs give me a break.:mad:

Coonan has obviously lost the plot. I hope his constituents demand his resignation sharpish.

The more crap these lads come out with the more pissed im getting with them and I am sure I am not the only one. If they don't cut out this patronising propaganda they will be out on their ear before Christmas. ISIS ffs give me a break.:mad:

Coonan has obviously lost the plot. I hope his constituents demand his resignation sharpish.

No offence to alot of people down there, but Michael Lowry is also Tipperary North..... what does that say.

Noel Coonan alone has probably added 5,000 protestors to the march on the 10th of December.

That clip needs to be shared wide and far :)

listermint wrote: »
    No offence to alot of people down there, but Michael Lowry is also Tipperary North..... what does that say.

We need to expel Tipperary North from the country :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It looked like it was starting to settle, then Fine Gael allow some plank (nicest word to describe him) come out with that...:confused:
    After the ISIS comment..
    "I think it was a disgrace what they were trying to do.."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement