Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Chucken wrote: »
    Thats the way most protests are going. No shouting and acting the tit.
    But of course the quiet ones dont make the news.

No no. There is a crowd of mywadis nationwide threatening workers with access to estates these mywadis are waiting for many many virgins provided by Phil hogan.

Lalalalalallalalal

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭adrag

Things that protestors want cost more money than protestors are willing to pay.

I'm as Irish as you are so am quite entitled to return and spend money that cost you nothing but will go to supporting the economy that you benefit from. I won't be bringing back your rubbish attitude with me either, so don't expect I will be running around banging on the cars of the "spineless" representatives you elected or acting the maggot much to the despair of the Gardaí, members of the very "squeezed middle" that you are supposedly fighting for.

One minute you're crying about all the poor Irish babas that had to leave, then you're telling us you don't want us back. Looks like the governments famous divide and conquer tactics are working then.

Firstly I wasn't crying about anyone leaving, secondly we are paying banks in Germany (bailout) which benefits your economy.now why dont you do us all a favour and stay wherever the fcuk u are cause we've plenty of moanbags and Irish bashers here without u adding to it, Go raibh mait agat

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

You're easily pleased tbh.

Don't spend it all at once/ wisely.

I will spend it on my water, it needs repairs and maintenance every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

You're easily pleased tbh.

Don't spend it all at once/ wisely.

Pleased or bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

foggy_lad wrote: »
    speaking of news, RTE seem to be very one sided in their news coverage of Irish Water events especially the protests. they had several on the "for" side on the news tonight but nobody from the against camp to balance things!

Sure what did you expect from them, they are effectively controlled by the government,mainstream media will never actually tell it as it really is and are always going to take the side of the shambles government and toxis iw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭adrag

RobertKK wrote: »
    I will spend it on my water, it needs repairs and maintenance every year.

Why dont you spend on a brain transplant me aul flower

MOD: User banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

foggy_lad wrote: »
    speaking of news, RTE seem to be very one sided in their news coverage of Irish Water events especially the protests. they had several on the "for" side on the news tonight but nobody from the against camp to balance things!

To be expected as they are the media arm of the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

social media might have it's pitfalls but at least you are guaranteed seeing things how they really are on facebook that you wont see on the shambles that is RTE and the equally as bad gutter press who put a massive spin on anything,and come out with bull****,day in,day out!

morning,noon and night there are people protesting countrywide,people leafleting,putting up posters and having meetings, this is a mass campaign that will never back down until this toxic quango and even more toxic government are gone.

roll on 29th November outside IW offices on Talbot street and the big one on December 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Regarding social media, it really is an eye opener as to what's going on. Everyone has a camera phone and what that means everyone can record what's going on and post it to FB and Twitter. That does really irk the state controlled media and of course Denis O'Brien controlled TV3, 98FM, Today FM, Newstalk, Indo and the Herald. It does speak volumes what the majority of the population are up against regarding IW propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pleased or bought?

Always supported water charges. The €100 brings my average yearly cost down to €350 to €400.

Surely one would have to be an IW customer to be bought?

• Advertisement

I see one of ISIS Coonan's cronies is claiming a death threat now.
    Is this the new MO now to deflect from their screwup's?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/fine-gael-td-receives-death-threat-following-dail-comments-651826.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

jonnny68 wrote: »
    social media might have it's pitfalls but at least you are guaranteed seeing things how they really are on facebook that you wont see on the shambles that is RTE and the equally as bad gutter press who put a massive spin on anything,and come out with bull****,day in,day out!

morning,noon and night there are people protesting countrywide,people leafleting,putting up posters and having meetings, this is a mass campaign that will never back down until this toxic quango and even more toxic government are gone.

roll on 29th November outside IW offices on Talbot street and the big one on December 10th.

Yes, on facebook you can see people offering money for Garda addresses. And the videos are carefully edited so as not to show the protestors in a bad light.

I have heard it all before about mass campaigns. Straight from the Soviet era handbook. Mass campaign against bin charges, failed. Mass campaign against property tax, failed. Anyone foolish enough to believe that this mass campaign will allow them to keep their money in their pockets will finish up like the victims of the previous mass campaigns. The omnishambles of a mass campaign by CAHWT against property tax just meant that their victims finished up paying more. Same old faces again calling for a mass campaign, plus Brendan Ogle this time. They will disappear just like CAHWT did when they have got what they want out of this latest protest. Which is nothing to do with water.

Yes, on facebook you can see people offering money for Garda addresses. And the videos are carefully edited so as not to show the protestors in a bad light.

I have heard it all before about mass campaigns. Straight from the Soviet era handbook. Mass campaign against bin charges, failed. Mass campaign against property tax, failed. Anyone foolish enough to believe that this mass campaign will allow them to keep their money in their pockets will finish up like the victims of the previous mass campaigns. The omnishambles of a mass campaign by CAHWT against property tax just meant that their victims finished up paying more. Same old faces again calling for a mass campaign, plus Brendan Ogle this time. They will disappear just like CAHWT did when they have got what they want out of this latest protest. Which is nothing to do with water.

There's no sanction for not paying, at least not one that will bother most people.
    I knew they wouldn't be stupid enough to hand it to revenue like they did the LPT.
    'nothing to do with water'?? Do you just repeat what enda says now in the hope that he's right and the 1.2 million+ who aren't engaging with this quango are wrong?

There's no sanction for not paying, at least not one that will bother most people.
    I knew they wouldn't be stupid enough to hand it to revenue like they did the LPT.
    'nothing to do with water'?? Do you just repeat what enda says now in the hope that he's right and the 1.2 million+ who aren't engaging with this quango are wrong?

There's no sanction for not paying the TV licence, at least not one that will bother most people. Nobody can cut off the TV signal. But 80% to 85% pay up, and despite the fact that there are thousands of court cases every year, there is no mass campaign against it.

It's just that the majority of people are law abiding, and they don't like having unpaid bills hanging over them. No proper politicians will tell people to break the law.

There's no sanction for not paying the TV licence, at least not one that will bother most people. Nobody can cut off the TV signal. But 80% to 85% pay up, and despite the fact that there are thousands of court cases every year, there is no mass campaign against it.

It's just that the majority of people are law abiding, and they don't like having unpaid bills hanging over them. No proper politicians will tell people to break the law.

1.2 million not returning forms and god knows how many sending back forms unopened and blank is not a majority.

BTW, they jail people in this country for not paying a TV license while bankers who cost us countless billions walk free, laughing at us.

1.2 million not returning forms and god knows how many sending back forms unopened and blank is not a majority.

Does that mean the ones who don't register won't get a bill? Unlike the TV licence which can go for ten or twenty years unpaid, water charges will mount up. It is a utility bill, and the idea of a mass campaign of non-payment is only being put forward from the extremes, like Paul Murphy.

Sinn Fein will be careful to make it clear that they will not tell people not to pay. Because that will cause problems for householders later. Even when some of their TD's were not paying their property tax that was their message.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Does that mean the ones who don't register won't get a bill? Unlike the TV licence which can go for ten or twenty years unpaid, water charges will mount up. It is a utility bill, and the idea of a mass campaign of non-payment is only being put forward from the extremes, like Paul Murphy.

Sinn Fein will be careful to make it clear that they will not tell people not to pay. Because that will cause problems for householders later. Even when some of their TD's were not paying their property tax that was their message.

Do you really think so little of the people of this country?
    I didnt need any person/party to tell me that this whole thing stank to high heavens.
    I was going to ask if you could see that but its pointless. The government are making up new rules every day. Can you not see why? The rest of can see why.
    They never expected that we'd finally get sick of being rode.

ETA: Utility bills have to signed up for. I signed nothing.
    Plus, for the 100th time, we already pay for our water.

I never heard of Paul Murphy until this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭waking dreams

You have just assumed that the Government will be allowed to ensure that the house carries the water charges and any outstanding payments. Why give up so easy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I love posting about this guy...
    Hubert Kearns was Sligo County Manager for 17 years and when he retired in 2013 he received a lump sum of €270,000 and a pension of €68,000 per year. His time as Sligo manager was controversial and he left behind a County debt of €80 million. "It's not the end of the world, nobody died," he said about the council's financial woes. At one stage he refused to attend council meetings in a dispute with an independent Councillor and spent more than €50,000 council money hiring HR consultant Declan Naughton to monitor meetings. Asked to comment on reports that his own pay as Sligo Manager, at €136,000, was €30,000 more than that of the Spanish prime minister, Mr Kearns said his salary was fixed by Government. “I am surprised that the Spanish prime minister earns so little.” So after retiring from Sligo he has his pockets full, thanks to the taxpayer - that's you and me, So, has Mr Kearns taken up fishing? No, Hubert has apparently found gainful employment with Irish Water on over €100k.
    Hubert Kearns yesterday, 3 November, finally ended a shambolic tenure as Sligo County Manager leaving in his wake a crippling debt of €80million.

His 17 years at the helm of the worst performing council in the State cost the taxpayer €4.7 million for each year he served as the office holder charged with steering the county through financial and developmental success which would leave a legacy that generations to come would be proud of.

Instead he has left Sligo County Council on the tipping edge of bankruptcy where it cannot even obtain a required bank overdraft to ensure the continuance of vital services such as road maintenance, grants for upgrading the homes of the elderly and infirmed, verge and hedge cutting and a host of other standard day-to-day management duties of the council.

He has single-handedly left the moribund Borough Council powerless after 400 years of existence by his dictatorial stance of continued refusal to acknowledge his duties by convening the legally required monthly meetings with the elected representatives of the Borough.

A litany of shameful episodes, including the hiring of a monitor, at €1,000 for each meeting, to record the deliberations of the borough councillors was widely reported in the national media and ensured that Sligo was again ridiculed in the eyes of the Irish public.

Yet on Friday night a function was held in The Clarion Hotel to honour the great deeds of this outgoing manager, Hubert Kearns who will now receive a €270k payoff, the highest of any county manager in the 26 counties, plus an annual pension of €68k.

The function will however be remembered, not for a glowing tribute from a grateful council, but rather for the boycott of all borough councillors, bar one.

Eleven of the twelve serving councillors refused to attend on the night and have further called on the Mayor, Labour's Marcella McGarry who did attend, not to host a Civic Reception for Mr Kearns, a standard honour bestowed on all retiring county managers.

And some people still want to pay for the Irish Water Retirement Home?
    The guy should be in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Red Pepper wrote: »

Good work Red Pepper. Keep it going. Do not let it be forgotten easy. You can put the case study in the RPPP manifesto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Red Pepper wrote: »

Water is obviously a crucial resource. Delivering it to 4.5 million people and managing the huge infrastructure and staff of a wide variety of skills is a very complex and skilled job. Not many people can do it successfully. We need our most experienced and most capable people like Mr. Kearns and Mr. Tierney managing such an operation. Paying them figures like that is a minute fraction of the operating costs, and in truth, represents excellent value for money for the quality of service they provide to the rest of us.
    With lengthy and wide of experience and success in public service management, they are both ideally suited to implementing the particularly technically and politically difficult challenge, of drawing together and implementing a single, economically viable, 26 county water authority. Exactly the type of men we need in such positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Chucken wrote: »

How could it be discussed when the state broadcaster is trying to bury it and make it not happen at all!

Shameful behaviour by RTE but hey it is nothing to the behaviour of the ministers of the government and the backbenchers who blindly support this despite the majority of their constituents being totally against Irish Water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Water is obviously a crucial resource. Delivering it to 4.5 million people and managing the huge infrastructure and staff of a wide variety of skills is a very complex and skilled job. Not many people can do it successfully. We need our most experienced and most capable people like Mr. Kearns and Mr. Tierney managing such an operation. Paying them figures like that is a minute fraction of the operating costs, and in truth, represents excellent value for money for the quality of service they provide to the rest of us.
    With lengthy and wide of experience and success in public service management, they are both ideally suited to implementing the particularly technically and politically difficult challenge, of drawing together and implementing a single, economically viable, 26 county water authority. Exactly the type of men we need in such positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Spoken like a true believer

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Twickers

Government say that we must we wait until September 2015 to get our €100 Grant because of administration.
    Some Administrators if we have to wait 9 months.
    Surely simplest way is just to reduce each Quarterly bill for 2015 by €25 ?
    On second thoughts, this would be too simple and something has to be found to give Irish Water staff something to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Twickers wrote: »
    Government say that we must we wait until September 2015 to get our €100 Grant because of administration.
    On second thoughts, this would be too simple and something has to be found to give Irish Water staff something to do.
    I don't have much faith in a sinking titanic doing anything 9 months from now. I wouldn't bet on them getting the first bills out by April. By next month IW employees will be cracking each others' heads open and feasting on the goo inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

The protests have already had an effect and has the government on the run. And it has kept money in their pockets as the fees are now less and there is no limit on what you can use or have you not been watching the state propaganda sponsored station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Twickers wrote: »
    Anyone that believes anything from the current government about this TOXIC Company is surely delusional, This whole thing is as toxic as Anglo!
    I don't have much faith in a sinking titanic doing anything 9 months from now. I wouldn't bet on them getting the first bills out by April. By next month IW employees will be cracking each others' heads open and feasting on the goo inside.
    The dregs of all the county councils as well as bord gais and several other departments in the government have been moving to Irish Water for the Big bonuses and the staff gym!

According to the government the bonuses have gone but I don't believe a word of that! they were unable to stop massive bonuses paid to WBankers and they will come back in a few months and tell us poor plebs that they must pay the bonuses as they are in the workers contracts!

the company is overpopulated with useless wasters who are being dumped into Irish water by other semi state and state departments. they would get poor nourishment feasting on each others brain matter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Dean0088 wrote: »
    So you have a point to make, but instead make silly ones and keep your actual points all to yourself on a public discussion forum.

Right.

Again with trying to speak for me, I am well capable of doing so myself thanks, and have done and will continue to make points when I see fit, rather than criticise others with half assed insults. I am very much aware where I stand, and if it pains you that you don't know where I stand, then go fish somewhere else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement