Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think everyone on all sides of political life would have just been delighted if austerity hit Ireland had gone with the meter offer from German company Siemens.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I gave FG a first preference vote in the last election. I did that because they promised to reform the Public Service, because they promised to end croyism and cut down on quangos. They have done a lot of good in bringing us back in line financially and yes it has hurt (I myself suffered 16 months of unemployment).

However the main reasons for me giving them my vote have not occurred, if anything with the whole set up of IW and the staffing of it they have gone the other way. There is even a question mark about the awarding of the meter installation contract that veers into the realms of corruption especially given the identities of the major players in this farce.

I have no idea who I will vote for next time. All the parties are toxic to me because of their actions, their values or their ideologies. I know one thing I will not be paying any water charge as long as IW exists and I will be trying to get the day off to march on the 10th of December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Again, you're just inventing positions to back up your deluded view points.

Show me one post of mine where I said that?

I mean, you are after all someone who hates immigrants and minorities. I know I dont have any actual evidence of this but as you seem free to make up whatever you want and say it, why not me?

Where did I say I hate immigrants or minorities ?? Please show me or else retract that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Where did I say I hate immigrants or minorities ?? Please show me or else retract that ?

Jesus, you're a sharp one, arent you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Jesus Woody, get a grip. I answered your pointless 32k question way back. You are responding to wrong person.

• Advertisement

Apologies mein fuhrer, woody can't keep up.

So ? Show me where I said I hated immigrants etc ? Or else retract . Otherwise I will ask a Moderator to resolve this !

So ? Show me where I said I hated immigrants etc ? Or else retract . Otherwise I will ask a Moderator to resolve this !

Try reading the posts first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I heard all the same bluffs about not paying the property tax. now 90% are paying.

The same with every other scandal in Ireland over the last 30 years.

The Irish peope will whine and whinge and then in secret pay up, they always do.

90% compliance with the property tax, were Revenue can dip your wage/salary/social or pension, or refuse TCC to the self employed, is comparable with Irish Water who can basically do jack-shıt to those that don't pay:confused:

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Caliden wrote: »
    Yea, they are and they manage people.

I'll ask my question again, 127 out of 310 earn over 70k.
    So you're saying that they're each assigned 1-2 employee(s) to manage?

No. They manage both people and outsourced contracts. Of which there are many.

• Advertisement

Then why make this allegation and in the same paragraph say they have no evidence to support it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Marion Morrison

90% compliance with the property tax, were Revenue can dip your wage/salary/social or pension, or refuse TCC to the self employed, is comparable with Irish Water who can basically do jack-shıt to those that don't pay:confused:

How long do you think that is going to last ?

As soon as the fuss about Irish water dies down, and it will, like every other financial scandal in Ireland for the last 30 years, they'll collect outstanding monies with another stroke of the law pen.

You and all the usual fist shakers and finger waggers, and whiners, will bend over again, just like you always do, from Property taxes, Anglo, to Quinn, to CRC, to the Oil and Gas, to PPARS and back as far as you care to remember . . . .

Next season they're won't be a whimper about Irish water, and you'll be on here whining about the next financial scandal, and you'll pay up for that one as well, like all the rest have done, and do.

Then why make this allegation and in the same paragraph say they have no evidence to support it ?

Because thats what you've been doing all morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

*whoosh* that's the sound of the post going over your head.

Because thats what you've been doing all morning?

Show me where I said I hated immigrants or minorities anywhere in these posts today please or else withdraw this comment !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Show me where I said I hated immigrants or minorities anywhere in these posts today please or else withdraw this comment !

Re-read his post and hopefully you'll understand.

Why do you always put a space between the word and the punctuation mark?

Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

I think everyone on all sides of political life would have just been delighted if austerity hit Ireland had gone with the meter offer from German company Siemens.

I hope to see Phil Hogan hauled before an inquiry some day over this.

Again, you're just inventing positions to back up your deluded view points.

Show me one post of mine where I said that?

I mean, you are after all someone who hates immigrants and minorities. I know I dont have any actual evidence of this but as you seem free to make up whatever you want and say it, why not me?

He doesn't do Irony it seems.
    How long do you think that is going to last ?

As soon as the fuss about Irish water dies down, and it will, like every other financial scandal in Ireland for the last 30 years, they'll collect outstanding monies with another stroke of the law pen.

You and all the usual fist shakers and finger waggers, and whiners, will bend over again, just like you always do, from Property taxes, Anglo, to Quinn, to CRC, to the Oil and Gas, to PPARS and back as far as you care to remember . . . .

Something Very, very familiar with your posts tbh.... Mr newly signed up poster :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

He said
    I know I dont have any actual evidence of this but as you seem free to make up whatever you want and say it, why not me?

• Advertisement

Something Very, very familiar with your posts tbh.... Mr newly signed up poster :pac:

They both do that weird space between words and punctuation mark thing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Caliden wrote: »
    166 out of Irish water's 310 employees came from local authorities.

The same people who let the water infrastructure get to the point where it is now....

Yea we definitely got the right people with the knowledge and expertise running Irish Water....

Just a little sample of the calibre of staff now at Irish Water, courtesy of poster Bring back paper tigers over on p.ie

Hubert Kearns was Sligo County Manager for 17 years and when he retired in 2013 he received a lump sum of 270,000 and a pension of 68,000 per year. His time as Sligo manager was controversial and he left behind a County debt of 80 million. "It's not the end of the world, nobody died," he said about the council's financial woes. At one stage he refused to attend council meetings in a dispute with an independent Councillor and spent more than €50,000 council money hiring HR consultant Declan Naughton to monitor meetings. Asked to comment on reports that his own pay as Sligo Manager, at €136,000, was €30,000 more than that of the Spanish prime minister, Mr Kearns said his salary was fixed by Government. “I am surprised that the Spanish prime minister earns so little.”
    So after retiring from Sligo he has his pockets full, thanks to the taxpayer - that's YOU and ME, So, has Mr Kearns taken up fishing? No, Hubert has apparently found gainful employment with Irish Water.

Irish Water, home to retired Council managers, headed up by retired Dublin Manager John Tierney (salary 200,000 Eur). But apparently Irish Water managers (like Hubert?) would have to get by on a measly 100,000. Hopefully though they might be able to survive once the expenses and free cars are factored in.
    So you can see good people why it's going to take 20 years to fix all those rusty old water pipes!

hmmm wrote: »
    It's good to see so many people have so much free time on a working day.

I work 3 days a week on a CE scheme and am fighting constantly to get full time work. I want to work full time and I need to. I am educated, qualified and experienced. I cant survive on €208 a week.

so thats why I'm here - be careful of generalisations :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Growing Corruption In Ireland

RTE News...

"A European report published today has found there is growing concern about corruption in Ireland following the publication of the Mahon Tribunal report.

The Council of Europe Group of States Against Corruption (GRECO) found that the perception of corruption levels in Ireland has increased.
    GRECO also found that political parties and politicians have low levels of trust in Ireland and that the Irish authorities are aware of that.

The report looked at the system for ensuring integrity and preventing corruption and misconduct among members of the Oireachtas, judges and prosecutors.

Much of the report is positive, but it highlights areas of concern in relation to corruption and the potential for it in Ireland.

GRECO said the monitoring of the members' adherence to standards and codes of conduct needs to be broadened and improved.

It has recommended that the existing ethics framework be replaced with a values-based framework to include situations of conflicts of interests, such as contacts with lobbyists, gifts and post-employment situations.

It has also recommended the existing regime on asset declarations be enhanced."

Ring a Bell?

Don't blame the messenger.

They both do that weird space between words and punctuation mark thing

No, I think you may be barking up the wrong tree there.

I was thinking this new poster has just started to post almost the exact same script as this auld flower.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92799121&postcount=7423

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92802551&postcount=7448

My family were always huge FG supporters. I myself was a huge admirer of Garret Fitzgerald. My family now don't know what to think.

I truly believed the new politics document. Sad to see such a missed opportunity.

I cannot vote FG again out of principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Red Pepper wrote: »
    My family were always huge FG supporters. I myself was a huge admirer of Garret Fitzgerald. My family now don't know what to think.

I truly believed the new politics document. Sad to see such a missed opportunity.

I cannot vote FG again out of principle.

I now can't vote FF, FG or Labour out of principle. Almost 50% of the electorate are in the same boat. Next election is going to be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Local women to attend candle light vigil at Tallaght Garda Station- Cllr Louise Dunne at 6:30pm today

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/32337?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sinnfein+(Sinn+F%C3%A9in+News)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

So it's seems Noel Coonan was just looking for a bit of attention.
    “On the otherhand, if I hadn’t used that, you wouldn’t be talking to me today or listen to what I have to say,” he told Newstalk radio.

Protester's are now described as "Anarchists".
    “I certainly would withdraw that comparison (to ISIS). Anarchists would be more appropriate than ISIS.

Such a stupid little man.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/irish-water-crisis/isil-situation-td-noel-coonan-i-possibly-went-overboard-with-my-antiwater-protesters-comments-30762733.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

So it's seems Noel Coonan was just looking for a bit of attention.

Protester's are now described as "Anarchists".

Such a stupid little man.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/irish-water-crisis/isil-situation-td-noel-coonan-i-possibly-went-overboard-with-my-antiwater-protesters-comments-30762733.html

Someone ought to tell the stooopid little man that when the Hole is deep enough, ya need to stop diggin ... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement