Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

gandalf wrote: »
    Even at the worst of Berties reign I never remember him having to surround himself with the numbers of Gardai that Enda had in Cork this morning to attend a routine appearance.

Not something to be proud of tbh, albeit peaceful, that the democratically elected head of government requires Garda protection to go about his business. How does it look from outside of Ireland when the country's leader arriving in a community to announce the creation of jobs needs this level of protection?

And when I see the crap put out by the Indo, RTE, various radio stations etc I thank f*ck we have social media to expose the lies and bias put out by mainstream media.

I noticed when the news was broadcast on the radio earlier, there was a single sentence mentioning that he was met by protestors in Cork. Then the following minute was given to the details of a jobs announcement (around 120 or something) that he was attending.

Is it just me or is this the only thing Enda seems to do, go around looking for good news events to get his picture taken as if it has anything to do with what his government have done.

Unemployment is still over 11%, but you won't hear that on the news next these jobs announcements, for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Stargate wrote: »
    Safe to say , he got his ass kicked in Cork :D

The fall from grace is something to behold. Indas head must be recked :o. His handling if the IW fiasco has been a clusterfcuk. He is putting a vote for any of the other parties in the footpath outside every house in the state. The reception in Cork was amazing to see,I've never seen any leader (ha) of this country being "welcomed" in that manner. I hope Bertie And Biffo had a wry smile on their faces when they see this.

Not something to be proud of tbh, albeit peaceful, that the democratically elected head of government requires Garda protection to go about his business. How does it look from outside of Ireland when the country's leader arriving in a community to announce the creation of jobs needs this level of protection?

Maybe the rest of Europe will see this and say " it's about time that the ppl of Ireland started to fight back".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Exactly why he should resign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Maybe the rest of Europe will see this and say " it's about time that the ppl of Ireland started to fight back".

And they need to be made aware that one of the main culprits in this debacle of such unimaginable levels of waste and incompetence is now the EU Agriculture Commissioner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

The people are bringing this government down, it's not unions, looney lefties, shinners etc.. it's a people driven revolution. Sooner or later we as a nation where going to stand up and be counted and refuse to let the establishment piss all over us anymore.

Bye bye Enda you are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I would say no one outside Ireland gives a toss tbh.

The Czech prime minister got pelted with eggs last week, it's more common than you think not that I would condone that kind of behaviour.

The man is not able to do his job, what do you want people to do. Congratulate them. TBH that protest in Cork was very well behaved and it definitely made it clear to the man that he is in for a very long haul now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well the Germans were surprised that we didn't protest.
    The study by Red C - commissioned by a Galway businessman - concluded that about 60pc of Germans surveyed agreed that we weren't vocal enough in 2008, the year the crash came and the Government bailed out the banks.

It was a similar view held by those from the US and UK, at 41pc and 53pc respectively.

The majority also agreed that Irish people were too accepting of the crisis and its implications.

The survey of opinions across three countries was commissioned by James Murphy, who founded natural health and beauty products company Lifes2Good in 1997. He did so to determine how well regarded or otherwise Ireland is abroad.

The survey also found the bulk of those from the three countries found the Irish to be "self starters and enterprising", with 90pc of American and British believing we are hard working.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/the-irish-took-austerity-lying-down-german-poll-30758570.html

I guess we are making up for that now and it is gaining a head of steam, far from placating the crisis the Isiswater announcements this week seem to have steeled peoples resolves in seeing this through to the conclusion.

The people are bringing this government down, it's not unions, looney lefties, shinners etc.. it's a people driven revolution. Sooner or later we as a nation where going to stand up and be counted and refuse to let the establishment piss all over us anymore.

Bye bye Enda you are finished.

The people are not bring the government down,the government are committing themselves to the gallows..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

They're probably saying that at long last the Irish have finally had enough of corrupt politicians, and at least they haven't taken to turfing them in shops yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

the rest of Europe?

you actually think people who don't live in this country are interested in what goes on here?

alfa beta wrote: »
    the rest of Europe?

you actually think people who don't live in this country are interested in what goes on here?

Well seeing as we have been the "best in class" for the troika, and have supposedly the "fastest growing economy" in the EU, I'm sure there will be one or two with their eyes on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Chucken wrote: »

LoL Chucken.
    Ha :D that was funny. This happened while he was inside :P

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

They're probably saying that at long last the Irish have finally had enough of corrupt politicians, and at least they haven't taken to turfing them in shops yet.
    Corruption my ear. The anger about has nothing to so with corruption. When has a TD ever lost their seat because they were corrupt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

alfa beta wrote: »
    the rest of Europe?

Indeed - they won't be interested as long as d'Oirish Debt Slaves keep paying off the Blood Muny for the Banks, Builders, BondHolders, failed Politicians, d'EU, ECB, IMF ... ... ... and the world and his Dog ...

9000 Euros "owed" per Oirish person ; the average for d'EU is only about 200 yoyos per person ... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I heard on the news that a gun was pulled on an IW worker in Clare today

I suppose some of the anti charge crowd will say he was fair game for doing his job.

less worrying and newsworthy than you would imagine for those outside of Ireland ...........
    remember we all got used to seeing protestors in many European counties - Greece, Spain, France etc in the last 6 years?? They march and protest over far lesser issues than we do....

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

A big path on the back to the rebel county from all the reasonable people of this beautiful land, The people are sticking together from all corners of Ireland, We will not back down come hell or high water (excuse the pun) Enda is finished, Turn off the lights on the way out

NO TO WATER CHARGES

• Advertisement

BBJBIG wrote: »
    Indeed - they won't be interested as long as d'Oirish Debt Slaves keep paying off the Blood Muny for the Banks, Builders, BondHolders, failed Politicians, d'EU, ECB, IMF ... ... ... and the world and his Dog ...

9000 Euros "owed" per Oirish person ; the average for d'EU is only about 200 yoyos per person ... :mad:

Don't want to ruin your w/e but total debt is closer to 50,000 per person. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

I suppose some of the anti charge crowd will say he was fair game for doing his job.

I doubt anybody will say that tbh. It does sound like you really want somebody to say it though. It was an isolated incident, a whole lot more people in Cork didn't pull out any guns :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Is it right that a citizen of this country, be it Taoiseach or any elected representative cannot walk safely and without fear of assault or intimidation on the streets of this state ? And the anti water charge activists talk about the basic human right to free water being infringed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

not quite but good try. even the iw worker stated the gun was always on his shoulder and there were no threats made.

ive often seen farmers/hunters standing & chatting with rifles slung.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

It wasn't me before anyone asks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭sjb25

No disgusting thing to do weather or not it was loaded unloaded or he did or didn't point it at anybody he had a firearm and if he made treats and should be put before a judge over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

There's thugs in every town in this country.
    They latch on to water protests like a TD to a pension.

Do you think every water protester agrees with what a few arseholes do?

Corruption my ear. The anger about has nothing to so with corruption. When has a TD ever lost their seat because they were corrupt?

That is exactly the problem.

And the public seem to have had enough (evidently)

That is exactly the problem.

And the public seem to have had enough (evidently)

Right. So you reckon Lowry and his like will lose his seat next time around?

We'll see. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

When has a TD ever lost their seat because they were corrupt?

Lowry still gets elected.

That says more about the people who elect him than his corruption does.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement