Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Benteke wrote: »
    SIPTU has now turned its back on Enda, The only friends he has left are a few nobodies on this forum and they are crying into their Joan Burton pillow cases, People power has well and truly won out and we're not backing down rain hail or snow, Another fantastic day to be Irish, Dec 10th will be an incredible day to be Irish.

SAY NO TO WATER CHARGES

LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Surely to Goodness there are more than 200 people in Cork?

Cork enda kenny protest two years ago,Those patriots were ahead of their time. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Or maybe they wont. Maybe they will think "what the hell is wrong with those leprachauns that they think they shouldnt pay water charges like the rest of us ? What a backward people."

Or maybe they will think
    ' wow look at the intelligent Irish, wanting their basic infrastructure run and paid for via general taxation, why didn't we think of that '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

No matter the number of protestors some members on here will always have some smug comment to make. Cue December 10th, "Sure it's only 200,000 people, I bet most of them were just people out doing Christmas shopping" :P

Phil Hogan was right about one thing when he said Irish Water would bring a new era in :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

hju6 wrote: »
    Or maybe they will think
    ' wow look at the intelligent Irish, wanting their basic infrastructure run and paid for via general taxation, why didn't we think of that '

That is an idiotic way to run a state. Detach yourself emotionally and think about it in academic terms.

You want a body to manage the supply of clean water as efficiently as possible. Public service is typicaly woefully inefficient in these scenarios

You also want to reduce waste and the best way to do this is through metered use. Should we have free public transport for all. Free electricity?

• Advertisement

Beaner1 wrote: »
    That is an idiotic way to run a state. Detach yourself emotionally and think about it in academic terms.

You want a body to manage the supply of clean water as efficiently as possible. Public service is typicaly woefully inefficient in these scenarios

You also want to reduce waste and the best way to do this is through metered use. Should we have free public transport for all. Free electricity?

Because anyone who isn't an idiot knows you can live without public transport and electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Peaceful protester threatens water meter installers with a gun.
    A man has been arrested following an incident in Co Clare in which water meter installers were allegedly threatened with a rifle.

The 59-year-old man was arrested at Quay Road in Clarecastle where a company contracted to install the meters on behalf of Irish Water has been carrying out work in recent days.

It is understood workers had dug a hole in front of two properties yesterday and were installing two meters in a hole when they were confronted by the man. He then reportedly moved his car over the hole, preventing installers from completing their work.

The contractors returned to complete their work early today when, it is alleged, the man approached them with a rifle. The workers then left the immediate area.

Armed detectives arrived at the scene and arrested a man. He was taken to Ennis Garda station where he was detained under Section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act.

Members of Clare Civil Defence later recovered a rifle from the River Fergus. It was taken away by gardaí for technical examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Phoebas wrote: »

Police brutality! Let's blockade the local barracks!

Where does it say he's a 'peaceful protester' ?

Peaceful protester.

If you could point to me where it said he was a peaceful protester I'd appricate it. It's already been posted in the thread a few pages back and he's clearly a touch mental, it's an isolated case. It was also reported on the 6 news that it was a pellet gun.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Because anyone who isn't an idiot knows you can live without public transport and electricity

Wow, checkmate to you. What a response.

So do you think the state should supply all of our food funded through taxation? can you live without food?

Where does it say he's a 'peaceful protester' ?
    He was wielding a feckin' gun - of course he wasn't peaceful. :eek:

Does anyone do irony here?

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Wow, checkmate to you. What a response.

So do you think the state should supply all of our food funded through taxation? can you live without food?

Do we get food provided via general taxation ?

He was wielding a feckin' gun - of course he wasn't peaceful. :eek:

Does anyone do irony here?

No
    So why say a man with a gun was a peaceful protester

Irony me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

hmmm wrote: »
    It's good to see so many people have so much free time on a working day.

Haha from someone posting during a working day. Try harder.

It was also reported on the 6 news that it was a pellet gun.
    Well - that's all grand then. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://www.thejournal.ie/vigil-tallaght-1793308-Nov2014/

Look at all them sinister fringes 'blockading' a garda barracks. What scumbags /s

Well - that's all grand then. :rolleyes:

Yeah because that's what I said, is that another attempt at irony from yourself? I'm not condoning it at all just pointing out something that was missing from the article you posted.

I heard on the news that a gun was pulled on an IW worker in Clare today

I suppose some of the anti charge crowd will say he was fair game for doing his job.

Nope.

I can defend the throwing of a water balloon at a politician but not the pulling of a gun on an ordinary IW worker. Still, even if it happened it doesn't represent 99.9% of the protestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

One for each protester then. What a waste of Garda time and resources.

All for Pinnochio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Nope.

I can defend the throwing of a water balloon at a politician but not the pulling of a gun on an ordinary IW worker. Still, even if it happened it doesn't represent 99.9% of the protestors.

Eh, 99.9999999%.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nope.

So you'll defend someone's right to assault someone else.
    Doesnt matter who it is. Hope they get identified and charged with assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

That yarn has been said about every financial scandal in Ireland for the last 20 years. . . . .

Who's talking about CRC, Anglo, HSE, PPARS, Pulse, Eircon, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. now ?
    Even though we are still paying for them, and will be for years to come ?

It's just the same thing over, and over, and over, and over and over and over and over again .

Whinge at the time, shake the fist for a while, wag the finger, and then on with the next scandal . . . .

To be fair, a lot of people are still talking about Anglo and Eircom. The CRC scandal is being dealt with adequately I would have thought? Heads actually rolled for starters, the CEO and I believe the entire board all resigned at the beginning of this year. I agree regarding the HSE, there isn't nearly enough fuss being kicked up about that and that one is arguably the most important as not only is it wasting money, but it's also responsible in a large part for our health service being so utterly dysfunctional - wasting public money is bad, endangering public health in the process is far worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Nonsense reply.
    No one is suggesting that you live without water. Just the you pay the correct price for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Nonsense reply.
    No one is suggesting that you live without water. Just the you pay the correct price for it.

€1.2 billion a year is what we've being paying.
    Do you want more?

Couple of kids I don't know blasted me with water balloons during the summer. Last week they started their 6 month stretch in the joy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Marion Morrison is right. The public have the memory of a goldfish. I'd be very surprised if there's even a memory about all this hullaballoo come next March.

How the hell is the whole board high-tailing it out of CRC with massive payoffs "adequate"? Is that how low public expectation of justicehas sunk?

If there were any justice in this country there'd be very few lamp-posts without someone hanging from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Nope.

Why would it.

He could be a politician or Garda for all we know.

He will be charged I assume,so then the facts will emerge.

Since when was a water balloon "assault".

If so then my childhood sunny days were full of me and my friends "assaulting" each other and the neighbours houses.

Good lord you absolute drip :(

• Advertisement

Nonsense reply.

Through general taxation without wasteful quangos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement