Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

Nope.

I can defend the throwing of a water balloon at a politician but not the pulling of a gun on an ordinary IW worker. Still, even if it happened it doesn't represent 99.9% of the protestors.

Any more than the protesters represent 99.9% of the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Couple of kids I don't know blasted me with water balloons during the summer. Last week they started their 6 month stretch in the joy :)

They'll be out in a week......

Since when was a water balloon "assault".

If so then my childhood sunny days were full of me and my friends "assaulting" each other and the neighbours houses.

Good lord you absolute drip :(

The irony of the moan being hit by a water balloon is lost on these lads too......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

The irony of the moan being hit by a water balloon is lost on these lads too......

Plus it was a child who threw the water balloon, not a protester

hju6 wrote: »
    Plus it was a child who threw the water balloon, not a protester

Are children banned from protests now? Twill play Hell with their numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

So it wasn't a protester throwing the brick at the Gardai - that was just some randomer. And the water balloon was just some kid.
    And those folk who were banging on the car were just checking the suspension for Joan. And she was only stuck in 'traffic' anyway.

I can't figure out what the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

catallus wrote: »
    Marion Morrison is right. The public have the memory of a goldfish. I'd be very surprised if there's even a memory about all this hullaballoo come next March.

How the hell is the whole board high-tailing it out of CRC with massive payoffs "adequate"? Is that how low public expectation of justicehas sunk?

If there were any justice in this country there'd be very few lamp-posts without someone hanging from it.

Ask FF and the greens if the Irish public have the memories of a goldfish , They paid the price in the next election after they f**ked up the Country and I am sure that the general public will remember these events well and dish out a fitting reward come the next general election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Are children banned from protests now? Twill play Hell with their numbers.

Children would probably be banned outright if the government and many posters on here had their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

One for each protester then. What a waste of Garda time and resources.

Yip , you said it. A complete waste of time.
    He should just resign and save us all time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

keith16 wrote: »
    Children would probably be banned outright if the government and many posters on here had their way.

Protesting or speaking ill of dear leader would be banned if some of the blueshirts on here had their way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Phoebas wrote: »
    So it wasn't a protester throwing the brick at the Gardai - that was just some randomer. And the water balloon was just some kid.

Who was it then?
    He's still at large, after managing to stand amongst many Garda vehicles and Garda, throw a brick and get clean away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Marion Morrison is right. The public have the memory of a goldfish. I'd be very surprised if there's even a memory about all this hullaballoo come next March.

How the hell is the whole board high-tailing it out of CRC with massive payoffs "adequate"? Is that how low public expectation of justicehas sunk?

If there were any justice in this country there'd be very few lamp-posts without someone hanging from it.

I said it was being dealt with adequately. If nothing further comes from it, it will indeed have been inadequate.
    Last I heard they'd had some real common sense at last and were considering calling in the Gardai to deal with it - has this happened, is it still being investigated, or has nothing happened since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whitelight

"I can handle myself"- Enda. ha ha ha! WHAT A JOKE ! . coward. Time waster, money waster .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Protesting or speaking ill of dear leader would be banned if some of the blueshirts on here had their way

It's not just blueshirts, there's a large enough group of people who believe that any anti-establishment action or opinion is automatically incorrect, illegitimate, and makes one a dole scrounger. I suspect many of these would hold the same view regardless of which party was in government.

Hell it's not even just in Ireland, some of these same posters look at incidents like the Arab Spring and cheerlead the crackdowns against protesters by the authorities there.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

And those folk who were banging on the car were just checking the suspension for Joan. And she was only stuck in 'traffic' anyway.

Yeah but they were chanting 'peaceful protest'
    Everyone knows your allowed bang on someone's car if you chant that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Cannot help you there.

Perspective maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just to jog people's memory... We've beaten this before, and we'll do it again!.

History has a tendency to repeat itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

hju6 wrote: »
    Who was it then?
    He's still at large, after managing to stand amongst many Garda vehicles and Garda, throw a brick and get clean away.
    I read somewhere that he was arrested.
    Maybe he wasn't; maybe the whole incident was photoshopped!!

Edit: :pac:

I read somewhere that he was arrested.
    Maybe he wasn't; maybe the whole incident was photoshopped!!

Edit: :pac:

You really are getting desperate now Phebo, aren't you......

Headlines for 9 o'clock news.

Kenny met by democratic protesters in Cork.

• Advertisement

gladrags wrote: »

Peaceful democratic protesters don't forget....

Although, according to some of the pro water tax lads here the protesters were all unemployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Ask FF and the greens if the Irish public have the memories of a goldfish , They paid the price .....

Are you seriously comparing the social and economic treason committed by that cabal with the administration of water-metering? Give me a break :rolleyes:
    I said it was being dealt with adequately. If nothing further comes from it, it will indeed have been inadequate.
    Last I heard they'd had some real common sense at last and were considering calling in the Gardai to deal with it - has this happened, is it still being investigated, or has nothing happened since?

You see this is the problem. You don't know because you don't care. No, HP, they all got paid and they all got away with it and the next bunch of vagrants who took over wrote a nice letter to the PAC saying "Ah, well, what happened happened and we can't change the past, so onward and upwards :)" and that was the end of it.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/crc-makes-loss-of-742k-after-kiely-payoff-30689055.html

I dare you to have a read of this : http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/media/committees/pac/correspondence/2014-meeting1310307/[PAC-R-1457]-Correspondence-3C.2---Mr.-Kieran-Timmns---Opening-Statement.pdf
    (Don't puke.)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The infamous Tallaght brick flinging occurred after the protest was long over. It occurred when the Gardai executed an arrest warrant on one of the brick throwers mates and he took exception to the Gardai making off with his "best bud".

A certain media outlet saw an opportunity to link it with the earlier protest to sensationalise the situation further.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

Are you seriously comparing the social and economic treason committed by that cabal with the administration of water-metering? Give me a break :rolleyes:
    Well it's a nice variation on fancing that their oppression and pain would have been felt by Martin Luther King. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Although, according to some of the pro water tax lads here the protesters were all unemployed.

Have you a link for that ?, or is it like the ISIS type of statement.

The debate has turned into a slagging match, there is no cohesive arguement to suggest that Irish Water should not be disbanded...

And that this archaic government should not resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

gladrags wrote: »

We all planned beforehand to "shoot".
    Stupid fuokers started to "shout".

Hard to control that very aggressive Cork mob.
    I think it must be the rebel in us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

It's not just blueshirts, there's a large enough group of people who believe that any anti-establishment action or opinion is automatically incorrect, illegitimate, and makes one a dole scrounger. I suspect many of these would hold the same view regardless of which party was in government.

Yes indeed, I think it might be a colonial thing. They would have been the informers of yesteryear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Yes indeed, I think it might be a colonial thing. They would have been the informers of yesteryear ;)
    Informers this, blueshirts that. SF supporters are really going to drag this country into the 21st century aren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

hmmm wrote: »
    Informers this, blueshirts that. SF supporters are really going to drag this country into the 21st century aren't they?

Don't be so simplistic.
    I am not a SF supporter, yet. I never voted FF. I now will never vote FG or Labour again.
    I would for vote for an IND candidate I believed in.
    Vote RPPP #1.

and we're already in the 21st century chief. 14 years in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement