Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

300 women held a peaceful protest outside Tallaght Garda Station tonight. What do you think of that Joan.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2_oK8RCIAEJTwa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

Sobko wrote: »
    So your happy that government is wasting money and running up massive debts and have no problem giving them even more to waste. Your obviously not a fan of accountability.

If the Irish Government was a business it would have been already shut down.

The implicit logic when you criticise a manager of anything, from a nation, down to anything as trivial as you wish to consider, is that there is a better way to proceed.

So I am asking, with respect to the massive problems we have with our debt and deficit burden, what is the better way than an alternative government might proceed.

You will note that there are no answers forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

The implicit logic when you criticise a manager of anything, from a nation, down to anything as trivial as you wish to consider, is that there is a better way to proceed.

So I am asking, with respect to the massive problems we have with our debt and deficit burden, what is the better way than an alternative government might proceed.

How has the conversion switch from IW to the deficit?
    There I was thinking IW was about the future of our water supply,infrastructure?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

catallus wrote: »
    Maybe the electorate is failing the government?

:confused:

The government is here to serve the people, not the other way around. By definition, I fail to see how the electorate could "fail" them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

eug87 wrote: »
    There I was thinking IW was about the future of our water supply,infrastructure?

No, no, no. Irish Water is about conserving water that's why we have meters being installed that won't be used until 2019 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Pocoyo wrote: »

lol, that really puts it in perspective.
    Cheeky cúnts calling us violent.

Satriale wrote: »

Comparing that to ISIS ffs!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

The answer is very simple. Government is not responsible for creating jobs, that should be left to the private sector. They have created so much red tape for SMEs when they should just get out of the way.

eug87 wrote: »
    The discussion was broadened in this post. You thanked the post so I assume you read it?

Alas, the poster seems disinterested in standing over what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

They're an absolute shower of whingers. Im still reeling from that ISIS comment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Sinead O'Connor just made the revolution call on the late late:pac:

I must have a look once it's up on rte player. Seeing some great quotes from the interview on twitter:

"There has to be non-violent peaceful civil disobedience... We can revolt without violence."

Great to see the message going out on a prime slot on rte :D

The answer is very simple. Government is not responsible for creating jobs, that should be left to the private sector. They have created so much red tape for SMEs when they should just get out of the way.
    That bears no relation to what I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Great to see the message going out on a prime slot on rte :D

The Government Information Service's handlers in Fine Gael will not be pleased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Sinead O'Connor just made the revolution call on the late late:pac:

Yes, audacious piece of choreography by establishment/state tv tonight.

Knew they'd be goading sinead, who they know is regarded as 'crazy' by a large percentage of the population, into an 'irish water' rant but didn't realise they'd go to the extent of putting her in 'charge'.

You can expect a Sunday Independent headline along the lines of 'Is Sinead O'Connor going to be Taoiseach if the crazy Irish water protesters get their way'.

The propaganda is getting desperate and obvious.

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Comparing that to ISIS ffs!!! :D

Nearly as daft as some of you likening yourselves to MLK. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

catallus wrote: »
    Maybe the electorate is failing the government?

Is the good observation.

And by failing the government with their 'protests', and periodic revenge trouncing's at elections, they are only harming themselves. Never quite making the cause and effect link between their actions and their sorry states.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

stretchdoe wrote: »

Knew they'd be goading sinead, who they know is regarded as 'crazy' by a large percentage of the population, into an 'irish water' rant but didn't realise they'd go to the extent of putting her in 'charge'.

You can expect a Sunday Independent headline along the lines of 'Is Sinead O'Connor going to be Taoiseach if the crazy Irish water protesters get their way'.

IMO the male version of Sinead O'C that is leading the country is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

That bears no relation to what I asked.

There was a question in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

stretchdoe wrote: »

Ha, Tubridy was squirming when she was asking him do RTE have an agenda. He was trying to change the topic. TBH I dont think Sinead will have much influence over anybody. One thing all sides of this argument can agree on is that she is a lunatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Who did?
    All i see is a King quote in the Search engine, but you lads seem to be comparing the Protestors to him all the time though. Give him a fckuin rest, why dont you.

• Advertisement

There was a question in there?
    No. The question was in the previous post.

Who did?
    All i see is a King quote in the Search engine, but you lads seem to be comparing the Protestors to him all the time though. Give him a fckuin rest, why dont you.
    AFAIK there was only one individual who likened protesters to ISIS and there's a fair bit of mileage being got out of that! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Getting desperate now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

AFAIK there was only one individual who likened protesters to ISIS and there's a fair bit of mileage being got out of that! :P

One fella threw a brick , not even a prostester

One child threw a water balloon

Extreme mileage got from the two above
    Top gear would be proud of ya

hju6 wrote: »
    One fella threw a brick , not even a prostester

One child threw a water balloon

Extreme mileage got from the two above
    Top gear would be proud of ya
    So I guess both sides are happy to milk things for all they're worth. :)

So I guess both sides are happy to milk things for all they're worth. :)

Desperate times man

My examples are factual

Where as yours is just the retracted ramblings of a drunken incompetent

Desperate times man
    Indeed things are desperate. But things certainly are improving, even if some are determined not to see this.

Mind, I have to say the hysteria is kind of funny. I think we are having our own version of a Princes Di outbreak. :pac:

Where as yours is just the retracted ramblings of a drunken incompetent
    Are you talking about me or that FG lad?

• Advertisement

Indeed things are desperate. But things certainly are improving, even if some are determined not to see this.

Mind, I have to say the hysteria is kind of funny. I think we are having our own version of a Princes Di outbreak. :pac:

Improving for whom
    All I have seen is 7 years of austerity with more on the horizon
    WTF has the current situation to do with some privileged dead woman?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement