Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Are you talking about me or that FG lad?

I leave you hanging on that one, after all it is Friday nite

Note
    On a phone so no silly graphics ( smiley / smirky face )

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

hju6 wrote: »
    WTF has the current situation to do with some privileged dead woman?
    Not her per se. But surely you remember how the Brits, shall we say, over-reacted a tad to her death?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

AFAIK there was only one individual who likened protesters to ISIS and there's a fair bit of mileage being got out of that! :P

The Gardai are investigating death threats received by his office today.

gandalf wrote: »

Bet he can't wait for his undeserved 3 month Christmas holiday

• Advertisement

Phoebas wrote: »

Yea ISIL are pissed off at the wrong name calling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Quite convenient that, isn't it?
    Looks good when pro water taxer's are trying to class all anti water tax protesters as dissidents....

I doubt it. It was probably Denis O'Brien photoshopping something, something ....:D

That's the best protest I've seen so far.
    "Peaceful protest, peaceful protest"
    "Get out of our pub!"

Its fierce handy to be able to combine hobbies; protesting and having a few pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The discussion was broadened in this post. You thanked the post so I assume you read it?

Alas, the poster seems disinterested in standing over what they say.

Ah Jesus, your a lugha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,007 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Looks good when pro water taxer's are trying to class all anti water tax protesters as dissidents....

Here is the dissident view of the latest developments from the "Dublin" government. Whatever about elsewhere they were the only group which tried to stop workers installing meters in Dundalk. They failed miserably.

http://www.republicanunity.org/revised-package-an-attempt-to-paper-over-the-cracks/

I doubt it. It was probably Denis O'Brien photoshopping something, something ....:D

Tell you what, lets wait and see if anyone is questioned, charged or prosecuted and/or jailed for making the threats.

Of all the thousands of protests we've seen, and the hundreds of thousands involved in these protests, how many people have been charged with criminal offences?

"Get out of our pub!"

Its fierce handy to be able to combine hobbies; protesting and having a few pints.

Said Enda

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's probably on Podcast but Matt Cooper had a very interesting interview with Independent News' financial editor.Made some great points about IW being off the balance sheet to massage the figures for the Troika.Some very creative accounting took place & IW was merely set up for this purpose & very far from "Water conservation" that was peddled to us.

"Get out of our pub!"

LOL, more desperation from you pro water tax lads.

Ah Jesus, your a lugha
    I don't know what that is but I assume it is something none too flattering? (Same as a lug?)

Sure isn't it all just made up! That chap today with the shotgun in Co. Clare turned out to be some kid playing cops and robbers.

#jointhedelusion

Here is the dissident view of the latest developments from the "Dublin" government. Whatever about elsewhere they were the only group which tried to stop workers installing meters in Dundalk. They failed miserably.

http://www.republicanunity.org/revised-package-an-attempt-to-paper-over-the-cracks/

The RNU???

Isn't that the crowd Enda's favourite dissident, the one he hugs outside Dail Eireann, was involved with?

zerks wrote: »
    It's probably on Podcast but Matt Cooper had a very interesting interview with Independent News' financial editor.Made some great points about IW being off the balance sheet to massage the figures for the Troika.Some very creative accounting took place & IW was merely set up for this purpose & very far from "Water conservation" that was peddled to us.

Revue raising operation from day one,

Lies and spin from the incompetants from day one

Some terms I have seen being posted by Govt supporters, in reference to protesters, and/or people speaking out against the current regime.

Council house scum.
    Lower class
    Layabouts
    Scroungers
    Dole cheats
    Freeloaders
    Terrorists
    Shinners
    Shinnerbot
    Dissident
    Loony lefts
    Isis
    Thugs
    Communists......

Stop playing the martyr, your Govt failed the electorate.

Suck it up.

you forgot "parasites" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Things ain't turning over.

Got to turn around

Got to turn around

Sure isn't it all just made up! That chap today with the shotgun in Co. Clare turned out to be some kid playing cops and robbers.

#jointhedelusion

Well, it was a pellet gun, and it was wrong, but don't let that stop your lies.

Tell you what, lets wait and see if anyone is questioned, charged or prosecuted and/or jailed for making the threats.

Of all the thousands of protests we've seen, and the hundreds of thousands involved in these protests, how many people have been charged with criminal offences?

Four arrested in Dundalk early on, nipped the whole protest thing in the bud. Three of them were very well known to the Gardai already. When the one who couldn't remember his name was identified, it turned out there was a warrant for his arrest out in Carlow.

http://talkofthetown.ie/2014/10/02/four-arrested-in-dundalk-following-water-meter-protest/

Four arrested in Dundalk early on, nipped the whole protest thing in the bud. Three of them were very well known to the Gardai already. When the one who couldn't remember his name was identified, it turned out there was a warrant for his arrest out in Carlow.

http://talkofthetown.ie/2014/10/02/four-arrested-in-dundalk-following-water-meter-protest/

Good stuff.
    Maybe if the Gardai weren't so busy attacking protesters they could arrest more of these people with outstanding warrants.....

so all protests are off now ?

hju6 wrote: »
    so all protests are off now ?

There are none now in Dundalk where known criminals are intimidating meter installers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I don't know what that is but I assume it is something none too flattering? (Same as a lug?)

Its not as flattering as it might seem at all kid.

I meant to type 'laugh' but my phone has a mind of its own sometimes. :pac:

I think that video shows the women up tbh. Stand outside the pub and protest by all means but you don't go in and protest without the consent of the owner first. If the owner has invited someone there, respect the fact that he is entitled to do so.

Its not as flattering as it might seem at all kid.

I meant to type 'laugh' but my phone has a mind of its own sometimes. :pac:
    Everyone here is telling me I'm desperate rather than funny. But maybe they mean the same thing. :pac:

• Advertisement

There are none now in Dundalk where known criminals are intimidating meter installers.

Known criminals should not be walking the streets, another failing of the incompetant government

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement