Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get an additional night store heater

Options
  • 17-11-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi  I am thinking of putting in an additional night store heater in my home , just wondering if you could give me a rough idea of cost and how much to instal ?  I already have three.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi houdinibird,

Thanks for your post.
    I am thinking of putting in an additional night store heater in my home , just wondering if you could give me a rough idea of cost and how much to instal ?

Do you mean the cost involved in purchasing a night storage heater, or the running costs? 

The costs involved in running night storage heaters depend on a number of factors, including how well insulated your property is, the combination of input/output settings you use, and the tariff you're on. For these reasons and others, it would be very difficult to provide a reliable or even a rough idea of anticipated costs. Our Appliance Calculator however may be able to help you.

As to the costs involved in purchasing a night storage heater, we would recommend you consult an independent electrical contractor. An electrical contractor would also be able to advise as to how many additional heaters you could install, based on your MIC (maximum import capacity), and if there would be additional internal wiring required.

Hope the above helps. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement