Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2015

Options
  • 17-11-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭

Strongly considering going to Werchter this year, depending on the line-up. Generally tends to be an excellent line-up, I was there in 2011, and it was unbelievable.

First band announced today, Foo Fighters.

While I wasn't really that interested in the Slane gig, they are a good band and I'd definitely going to see them at a festival. A good, solid headliner though... no Pearl Jam but a decent band. Hoping it continues in a similar vein.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Muse were announced yesterday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rock Werchter
    1505571_10152839508770699_3437388802350575968_n.jpg?oh=a1979ac57385621649277de98d2c7868&oe=54D44571&__gda__=1423271497_170c0493ad1e54f148c08437442956ab

The man with golden voice, golden touch and golden everything is coming to Rock Werchter. On Friday 26 June Rock Werchter will be singing, dancing and partying to the rhythm of Pharrell Williams. After the announcements earlier that Muse and Foo Fighters are playing Rock Werchter 2015, this brings the headliner count to three.

Tickets for the festival go on sale on Saturday 29 November at 9 am!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Whats the opposite of a diamond in the rough?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Not the most encouraging of 3rd headliners, but I suppose it's rare enough that the headliners are the best bands. Black-Eyed Peas closed in 2011 and were fairly poor, but Iron Maiden the main headliner earlier that night and were unbelievable.

As long as some of the mid-tier names are good, I'll be satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    Whats the opposite of a diamond in the rough?

Sh1t in a bucket?

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Not the most encouraging of 3rd headliners, but I suppose it's rare enough that the headliners are the best bands. Black-Eyed Peas closed in 2011 and were fairly poor, but Iron Maiden the main headliner earlier that night and were unbelievable.

As long as some of the mid-tier names are good, I'll be satisfied.

Youll get good names across the festival alright, no doubt in that. And find some gems.

Alt-J announced this morning, tickets on sale saturday. Says more news soon, surely another headliner to be done.

Can't remember what happened last year, but they might release a group of names in bulk before tickets go on sale?

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Can't remember what happened last year, but they might release a group of names in bulk before tickets go on sale?

Only had headliners announced before tickets went on sale I think. Soon is a very vague word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

are Alt J and Pharell headliners?..

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    are Alt J and Pharell headliners?..

Pharell is down as one but they announcing another big name to go on his day too.

Alt J just got their own announcement for no reason.

Florence and the Machine added to FF day. Thats gonna sell out!

Can see FATM headlining Longitude this year

Can see her doing her own show

Can see her doing her own show

Id say she will do the festival run and then do headline tour later on in the year

Never listened to FatM either. Supposed to be decent enough. Disappointed there wasn't a few more names released today though, maybe tomorrow?

Royal Blood apparently got named on french radio. Would hope they announce a few names before tickets go on sale.

Tickets on sale, no new announcements. That's a bit disappointing.

Ringrocker have Royal Blood and The War on Drugs listed, so I shall give thumbs up.

Ringrocker have Royal Blood and The War on Drugs listed, so I shall give thumbs up.

Would be happy with those 2, both very solid additions.

• Advertisement

Damien Rice and The War on Drugs announced for the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Been wanting to go to this for years but it never worked out. I just bit the bullet and bought the weekend ticket for this year. Any advice for a first timer?
    I see that Ryanair fly into Charloi and Brussels now. Which airport is better to get the train down to Leuven?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Goofy wrote: »
    Been wanting to go to this for years but it never worked out. I just bit the bullet and bought the weekend ticket for this year. Any advice for a first timer?
    I see that Ryanair fly into Charloi and Brussels now. Which airport is better to get the train down to Leuven?

Brussels

Brussels is closer and wouldn't require change of train. Charleoi is hour from Brussels on train, youd swap in Brussels station. Transport is free on Wednesday to monday which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Brussels without a doubt. You don't even need to leave the airport to get the train.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Brussels without a doubt. You don't even need to leave the airport to get the train.
    Thanks guys.

Chemical Brothers just announced!

Along with Rise Against.

Two pretty solid announcements. Never really listened to Rise Against, but by all accounts, they are very good live and the Chemical Brothers are some of the best at what they do.

Been listening to the War on Drugs recently. Good band.

• Advertisement

Rock Werchter
    Lenny Kravitz is coming to Rock Werchter on Saturday 27 June. He first appeared in 1990 and this will be his sixth time at the festival. It is sure to be a great reunion with this man, who fills Werchter with rock, soul, funk and a whole lot of love every time he plays

Advertisement