Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Knew he'd be there. Damn this lack of money and other plans

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Pretty eclectic line up so far.

The Smashing Pumpkins would be a great addition!
    A few more good bands and I'm in!

Pretty eclectic line up so far.

The Smashing Pumpkins would be a great addition!
    A few more good bands and I'm in!

I'd get on it quickly. As of last week, over 45,000 tickets were sold, much quicker than the 2014 edition which was a record year for the festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Again, not a huge fan of Lenny Kravitz but a very solid addition. His older stuff is good.

I also haven't bought a ticket yet but I hopefully will soon. Surprised that there haven't been more pre-Christmas announcements tbh... a lot of the other big European festivals have a lot more names already.

One more very good name and I'm 100% sold.

I'd any or all of Queens of the Stone Age, Jack White, Kasabian, the Gaslight Anthem... someone like Radiohead as the 4th headliner would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My wife and I went last year, opted for the official hotel packages and it really worked out well for us, you have access to a special 'premium terrace' area behind the main stage, only a few hundred people seem to have access to it and it includes luxury toilets, covered areas to eat and drink, nicer bar (wider ranger of drinks) and better food options. Basically the first level of VIP access I think.

Doing the same again this year (along with two friends), have already paid for the packages - they are up almost €100/person on last year though, suspect they will be very popular again and sell out relatively quickly! Nice to get a bus back to a decent hotel once the music stops, feel too old for camping... :)

• Advertisement

Does anyone remember when tickets sold out last year? I haven't got mine yet, don't want to leave it for much longer just in case but need to ensure others will get theirs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

A friend of mine said it was the end of January. I'm thinking of going for the first time ever, funds allowing

End January/February when the combi sold out, and looks set to be quicker this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Got my combi ticket & camping XL ticket sorted last night. Looking forward to it now as I missed out last year waiting too long to book!

Got my combi ticket & camping XL ticket sorted last night. Looking forward to it now as I missed out last year waiting too long to book!

Same :/

I'd like to see a couple more bands announced before committing though. Need to get other people on board too. Running out of time though, I think.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Same :/

I'd like to see a couple more bands announced before committing though. Need to get other people on board too. Running out of time though, I think.

I'm in the same predicament!
    A few more great bands and I'm sold!

So far the line up is REALLY good tho!

Hozier, Royal Blood and Ben Howard to play the festival, announced today!

Thought last year's line-up was slightly better at this stage tbh. I think the headliners were stronger, although we still have 1 to go. But yeah, it's likely to fill up nicely... solidish announcement today, Royal Blood are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Got my ticket today, first time going! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Mushy wrote: »
    Hozier, Royal Blood and Ben Howard to play the festival, announced today!
    Great news as far as I'm concerned, really want to catch all three - I remember during last year's announcements I'd often see three artists and think "really want to see them, not too bothered about them and definitely don't want to see them", so it's cool to get three names and be excited about all of them!

Kasabian, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds & Damian Marley announced just there. Good additions, Kasabian are a great live band and I imagine the other 2 are pretty decent in that setting too.

I'm getting my ticket this weekend if I can get other people on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

Still have not got over this selling out last year while I was waiting for February payday. After reviewing other potential festivals, I was set on this and managed to convince the other half to go. Payday today so pulled the trigger on tickets and flights this morning. Cue sitting back, relaxing and awaiting more announcements. Today's didn't disappoint. My girlfriend had High Flying Birds on her list so she was more than happy to see them add more weight to the lineup. Now to dust off the tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

unbelieveable line up ... if it wasnt for Glasto id be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kevmahon

wont let me get a ticket..PLEASE HELP

kevmahon wrote: »
    wont let me get a ticket..PLEASE HELP

Hey, initially I couldn't purchase tickets due to the postcode which I had just entered as IRL. Then I entered a Belgium postcode A201 and the purchase went through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Brilliant lineup. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I hadn't already booked glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Brilliant lineup. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I hadn't already booked glastonbury

hoping Glasto will be on par with this. will be disappointing if we dont get a serious lineup like this

I now have my ticket, hoping for some more good announcements soon :)

Interpol, Placebo and The Smashing Pumpkins would be a killer announcement and all possible!

Interpol and Placebo are touring Europe and free on the Werchter dates!!!

The Pumpkins are unlikely to play second fiddle to the announced acts, but one can dream!

The National are also going to be doing European festivals this summer! This could potentially be the greatest festival line up I've ever seen!

Interpol, Placebo and The Smashing Pumpkins would be a killer announcement and all possible!

Interpol and Placebo are touring Europe and free on the Werchter dates!!!

The Pumpkins are unlikely to play second fiddle to the announced acts, but one can dream!

The National are also going to be doing European festivals this summer! This could potentially be the greatest festival line up I've ever seen!

I don't know what the Pumpkins are like these days, still love to see them, one of my all-time favourite bands.

Apparently Placebo are nowhere near as good as they used to be? I've heard they're not great live... still I'd rather them than Mumford & Sons or someone. Interpol would be good.

The National would be absolutely class.

Caribou, Balthazar, Death Cab for Cutie, Angus and Julia Stone and Sam Smith added

Shaping up nicely now.

The last few announcements have been about 3pm our time. Presuming there will be one today. Hoping something bigger than Wednesday's announcement. As for predictions, I have no idea. Reading other forums, people seem to think the Script will be named as they are playing Main Square Festival. George Ezra is too.

Oscar and The Wolf and Jungle will play Rock Werchter on Thursday 25 June. Róisín Murphy joins the bill for Friday 26 June. Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals and The Script are due at Werchter on Sunday 28 June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 p_j_whelan

This ought to be great!

Advertisement