Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Oscar and The Wolf and Jungle will play Rock Werchter on Thursday 25 June. Róisín Murphy joins the bill for Friday 26 June. Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals and The Script are due at Werchter on Sunday 28 June.

I've never listened to any of them, bar a few Script songs whom I'm not a big fan of. Have to check the others out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I have to say that I don't feel too put out at not being able to go this year. Poor enough line up from my point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Oscar and The Wolf and Jungle will play Rock Werchter on Thursday 25 June. Róisín Murphy joins the bill for Friday 26 June. Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals and The Script are due at Werchter on Sunday 28 June.

I can't say I know too many of them,

The script are an outrageously bland pop band! Ben Harper should be pretty interesting and more importantly his involvement might hint at Pearl Jam making an appearance!

Are we due another headliner? Surely Pharrel isn't a headline act?!?

I reckon The National could be announced for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

The Prodigy announced today

Another five acts have been added to the line-up of the Rock Werchter Festival! Of Monsters and Men, FKA twigs and Gavin James will perform at the festival on Friday 26 June. Alabama Shakes and Christine and the Queens are confirmed for Sunday 28 June. Dutch singer-songwriter Dotan himself announced earlier this week he will play the festival on Saturday 27 June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Very happy with the addition of Of Monsters & Men and Alabama Shakes.

Two acts I'd like to see added that seem to have gaps in their tour schedule for the weekend of Rock Werchter are Slash and Airbourne.

Any idea when the lineup for last year was completed?

Goodbye week, hello weekend! Today, Rock Werchter adds another eight great names to its line-up. Years & Years, Hot Chip and Elbow will play Rock Werchter on Thursday 25 June. BADBADNOTGOOD and Kwabs are confirmed for Friday 26 June. ILoveMakonnen, Counting Crows and Die Antwoord have been added to the Sunday programme.

Hot Chip & Elbow are decent; heard good things about one or two of the others too.

I would love to see Blur on the Friday; could really boost what is definitely the weakest day imo.

I'm not very good at predicting bands, but look at the Primavera Sound line-up, it's amazing. There are already a few overlapping artists (Caribou, Alt-J, Damien Rice), maybe there's a chance to see a few more.

I would absolutely love to see the Replacements, I'd take them over every single band currently announced for Werchter. Bands like Eels, Ride, Sleater-Kinney, Swans, Thee Oh Sees and Underworld would all be great additions imo and I'd take the likes of DFA 1979, ****ed Up, Interpol, the Strokes, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Sun Kil Moon, Run the Jewels. Obviously I know that we are unlikely to get a lot more big names but even 3 or 4 of those bands would be great.

T in the Park also have a lot of overlap- I'd take George Ezra, the Libertines, Modest Mouse, St. Vincent, the Vaccines and Catfish & the Bottlemen are getting a lot of hype even though I don't think they're quite as good as some people say.

Belle & Sebastian, Viet Cong, the Gaslight Anthem, Rival Sons also seem to be about this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Going to the Saturday this year - first time going as will be in Brussels that weekend. People generally seem to have good things to say about it?

Wont be camping so need to get back to Brussels that night- has anyone done this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Mumford and sons announced today!! New album out in may too which is supposed to be a lot more rocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 piercemc08

Hey guys heading over this year, have been before...just wondering if you know which is the best campsite to stay in. Stayed in one last time that the bar closed at 2am. Would be looking for somewhere that stays open until at least 5am!

Friday = "new names for Rock Werchter" day. Today we have 6 more acts to add to the already well-filled Rock Werchter 2015 line-up. New for Thursday 25 June: Patti Smith and her band perform Horses. On Friday 26 June Ibeyi is expected on stage in Werchter. Other Lives are added to the programme of Saturday 27 June and Gabriel Rios, The Vaccines and Jessie J will be performing at the festival on Sunday 28 June.

Most recent announcement had SBTRKT and Eagles of Death Metal among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Latest announcement: John Newman, Lonely The Brave, FIDLAR, Tout Va Bien, Maxi Jazz, Red Fang, JD McPherson.

Can't say I'd heard of any of them :) But can see people are happy about Lonely The Brave and FIDLAR, so will check them out first.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ionapaul wrote: »
    Latest announcement: John Newman, Lonely The Brave, FIDLAR, Tout Va Bien, Maxi Jazz, Red Fang, JD McPherson.

Can't say I'd heard of any of them :) But can see people are happy about Lonely The Brave and FIDLAR, so will check them out first.

Really looking forward to this now :)

Eagles of Death Metal/Hot Chip/Caribou/Patti Smith/Elbow/Foo Fighters/Chemical Brothers all on one day is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Just got my tickets to this. Can anyone recommend whether to camp or get hotel? Are there any pre pitch camping options?

Less than a month till this now! Can't wait!

First year going and have a camping XL ticket. Anyone who has been before have any tips for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Less than a month till this now! Can't wait!

First year going and have a camping XL ticket. Anyone who has been before have any tips for the weekend?

Be prepared for long queues into the XL site. They also only open that campsite in sections so you cant just camp anywhere. The shortest grass areas are walkways, you will be moved off them if attempting to put up a tent.

Bring plenty of water for the campsite if its to be very sunny. There is little shady areas, so it hits you. The XL site won't be a mad party, but it has the Hive if you wanna stay up late.

Lastly, have a blast, it is so well run, the people are friendly, it has a great vibe everywhere. Cant wait to go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

anyone thats been before know if there are many tickets for sale outside rock werchter on the thursday? couple of mates wanna come with us but cant get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

any1 thats going have any idea about buying tents over there instead of bringing them from ireland.
    also where is best to buy booze food etc beforehand?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

anyone know when the detailed lineup will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

domino123 wrote: »
    any1 thats going have any idea about buying tents over there instead of bringing them from ireland.
    Thanks

Check for supermarkets in Leuven. When you exit station into town square you'll see a road going straight down, head down there a bit and there is an underground shop. Stuff is very cheap. Don't recall seeing tents though. And make sure you can carry it all in, it gets tough..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

domino123 wrote: »
    Thanks

I had to buy a tent (and everything else) one year when aer lingus lost my luggage. It cost a fortune in one of the side streets off la grand place in Bruxelles.

What artists are everyone looking forward to seeing the most?

On my short list are:

- The Foo Fighters
    - Muse
    - Kasabian
    - Die Antwoord
    - Damien Rice
    - Other Lives
    - The War on Drugs
    - Elbow
    - The Cat Empire
    - Royal Blood

Have seen about half of them before and know they'll do a great set, and the rest I just really like and haven't caught them as yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

Slipshaney wrote: »
    anyone know when the detailed lineup will be released?

just announced in the last hour
    http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/line-up/overview

Ah, also wanted to see Ben Howard, but his slot on the main stage almost totally overlaps with The Cat Empire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Absolutely fantastic lineup. Can't wait.

My schedule will be:

Thursday: Years and Years->James Bay->Florence->Hot Chip->SBTRKT->Chemical Brothers
    Friday: Death Cab->John Newman->(if I can make it from Barn to Main stage on time)Of Monsters and Men->Ben Howard->Mumford
    Saturday: The Tallest Man on Earth->Hozier->Noel Gallagher->Lenny Kravitz->Prodigy
    Sunday: Enter Shikari->Jessie J->Fink->The Script->Maxi Jazz (the frontman of Faithless) & the E Type Boys->Muse

I have a camping ticket but since I am going alone, I might stay in Brussels. Camping alone is no fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic lineup. Can't wait.

My schedule will be:

Thursday: Years and Years->James Bay->Florence->Hot Chip->SBTRKT->Chemical Brothers
    Friday: Death Cab->John Newman->(if I can make it from Barn to Main stage on time)Of Monsters and Men->Ben Howard->Mumford
    Saturday: The Tallest Man on Earth->Hozier->Noel Gallagher->Lenny Kravitz->Prodigy
    Sunday: Enter Shikari->Jessie J->Fink->The Script->Maxi Jazz (the frontman of Faithless) & the E Type Boys->Muse

I have a camping ticket but since I am going alone, I might stay in Brussels. Camping alone is no fun.

Stay in Leuven, way handier and the shuttle buses are excellent and free

Advertisement