Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2015

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Just over a week to go, cannot wait!!!

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic lineup. Can't wait.

My schedule will be:

Thursday: Years and Years->James Bay->Florence->Hot Chip->SBTRKT->Chemical Brothers
    Friday: Death Cab->John Newman->(if I can make it from Barn to Main stage on time)Of Monsters and Men->Ben Howard->Mumford
    Saturday: The Tallest Man on Earth->Hozier->Noel Gallagher->Lenny Kravitz->Prodigy
    Sunday: Enter Shikari->Jessie J->Fink->The Script->Maxi Jazz (the frontman of Faithless) & the E Type Boys->Muse

I have a camping ticket but since I am going alone, I might stay in Brussels. Camping alone is no fun.

Mine will be quite different, I'm thinking of:

Thursday: St. Paul and the Broken Bones --> Eagles of Death Metal --> Rise Against --> Patti Smith --> Foo Fighters --> Elbow --> Chemical Brothers

Friday: Lonely the Brave --> Archive --> Death Cab for Cutie --> Damian Marley --> Balthazar --> The Cat Empire --> alt-J --> FKA Twigs --> Róisín Murphy --> Magnus

Saturday: FIDLAR --> Royal Blood --> Hozier --> The War on Drugs --> Noel Gallagher --> Lenny Kravitz --> The Prodigy

Sunday: Red Fang --> Enter Shikari --> Catfish and the Bottlemen --> The Vaccines --> Alabama Shakes --> Kasabian --> Muse

That's just a theoretical order, some of them are to suit what other people want to see and some of them will involve missing 10/15 minutes of the set. The War on Drugs should be amazing, so glad that their clash wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Looks unlikely that we'll be seeing Foo Fighters at this point, seems as though they're getting ready to cancel their Wembley gigs anyway given Dave's bad leg break :(

My current thinking:

THURSDAY

Eagles of Death Metal OR First Aid Kit (start the week with a decision!)
    Chet Faker
    Jungle
    Florence + the Machine
    Hot Chip
    Foo Fighters
    The Chemical Brothers OR Caribou

FRIDAY

Lonely The Brave
    Death Cab For Cutie
    Of Monsters and Men
    The Cat Empire
    alt-J
    Mumford & Sons

SATURDAY

Other Lives
    Royal Blood
    Hozier
    The War on Drugs
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
    Lenny Kravitz (have to leave early to get to...)
    Damien Rice
    The Prodigy

SUNDAY

Catfish and The Bottlemen
    The Vaccines
    Counting Crows
    Alabama Shakes
    Kasabian
    Die Antwoord (really want to see them, will be a bit of a rush)
    Muse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

ionapaul wrote: »
    Looks unlikely that we'll be seeing Foo Fighters at this point, seems as though they're getting ready to cancel their Wembley gigs anyway given Dave's bad leg break :(

Will they have enough time to replace FF? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

So Foo Fighters have officially cancelled which is a sickener. Think they need a big replacement, presumably they'll get whoever Glastonbury get- hopefully it's someone good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Really disappointed with the cancellation but obviously very understandable considering Dave's injury.

Had held off seeing the Foos in Slane as I thought I'd be seeing them at RW so kicking myself for not making that gig now.

Really hope they can arrange a decent replacement but it is very short notice. Any likely names?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

They have updated the schedule with nobody in for FF. Maybe they won't bother replacing them at such short notice. Bummer!

Im a RW virgin. I've got the camping XL ticket and I want to be in the Hive. I am arriving on Wednesday and the Hive opens at 4. Will I be OK rocking up at 4 or would I be better off getting out there an hour or 2 earlier to be guaranteed a spot in the Hive?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Goofy wrote: »
    They have updated the schedule with nobody in for FF. Maybe they won't bother replacing them at such short notice. Bummer!

Im a RW virgin. I've got the camping XL ticket and I want to be in the Hive. I am arriving on Wednesday and the Hive opens at 4. Will I be OK rocking up at 4 or would I be better off getting out there an hour or 2 earlier to be guaranteed a spot in the Hive?

Get there earlier. The Hive is more of a sidepart of one campsite, so they'll allow people in early. Then the entrance to the hive (which has the huge marquee and bars) will open at 4. Tis good craic in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Are there any shops recommended nearby for picking up beer to bring into the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I always bought my beer in Leuven but you wont be bringing it into the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

I have heard that there is a small supermarket in Haacht. Its about 3-4km from the festival. 20-30mins walk maybe. Has anyone gone there during the previous years? Did they start to run out of things fairly quickly?

They will allow you to bring drink into the campsites but no glass. Everybody gets searched entering the festival site. They don't allow any bottles of drinks, not even water from what I've read on forums for the last few hours . Supposedly the severity of the search varies a little and some people have smuggled in some drink while others say there is not a chance. Up to yourself really.

Has anybody used the lockers before? I want to get the 4 day one. Do these run out fast?

• Advertisement

Faith No More!!! Plus an extra Royal Blood set.

That's a whole lot better than Florence getting moved up, at least to me, have never seen FNM but love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

ionapaul wrote: »
    Faith No More!!! Plus an extra Royal Blood set.

That's a whole lot better than Florence getting moved up, at least to me, have never seen FNM but love them!

very happy with this announcement, been wanting to see them for a while. plus chemical brothers set is extended! fair play to rock werchter for pulling this off, not bad considering they had less than two weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

Any1 know about buying the food/drink coupons?....is it cheaper to buy them in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

domino123 wrote: »
    Any1 know about buying the food/drink coupons?....is it cheaper to buy them in advance?

You save like 10 cents per coupon. Think its done through Ticketmaster, so by time ya get the card charges out of the way, there's very little in it.

I bought in advance last year but won't bother this year, the saving isn't worth the risk of you not turning up for whatever reason...

This time tomorrow I'll have my festival hat on, probably have a beer in hand and will be listening to some awesome music presumably :) Won't even mind the early flight tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I can not wait!

Anyone here yet? I'm the Asian looking guy with a red hoody sitting on the grass near the main stage.

Forgot to mention, the left side of the main stage. The side with the studio Brussels stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

Rammstein first announced for next year! Woo! Great start in my opinion, saw em live at the 3arena a few years back and the show was incredible

Advertisement