Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 / xbox1

Options
  • 17-11-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi I thinking of purchasing an x box and wondering could I get some advice whether to go for 360 or x box I. I am far from been a gaming fanatic and will only be playing an average of 10 hours a week. I heard the new one wont play old games and visa versa.

Thanking You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

At the moment the XB1 can't play XB360 games, though that's likely to change. If you're time is limited & you don't need the latest releases immediately, i'd probably suggest the 360. it's half the price and has a huge amount of games out and at pretty affordable prices. It's also backwards comparable with about 500 or so (original) XBOX games, there's a list up on wikipedia for specifics.

That being said, in the near future, all new releases are going to be PC and 8th-generation only (PS4, XB1, WiiU) so in the next year or so you won't see many, if any XB360 releases.

It all comes down to how much you're willing to invest versus how much you'll be using it versus perceived value for money. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Salvodor Herb

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi I thinking of purchasing an x box and wondering could I get some advice whether to go for 360 or x box I. I am far from been a gaming fanatic and will only be playing an average of 10 hours a week. I heard the new one wont play old games and visa versa.

Thanking You

You could get a cheap 2nd hand 360 if your not to bothered,still great for Netflix,youtube,gaming wise still good for new releases,I have both and only recently have start using the one more as xbox are making good updates,if your thinking of buying a new system then you might as well pay the extra for the one,I wouldn't buy a new 360 at this stage

Advertisement