Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start-up seeking investment consultant/advisor

Options
  • 18-11-2014 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

I'm involved (on the fringes) of a services based start-up that is currently at the stage of raising finance to the tune of approximately €2m.
    Potential investors are already lined up although no detailed discussions or negotiations have yet taken place.

I'm an accountant in practice and have been providing assistance to date but I'm just not comfortable giving advice on this scale partly because its well outside my comfort zone and partly because I don't want to the be the guy who gets dogs abuse in years to come if something is missed at this stage.

Does anyone have any recommendations on somebody in or around the Galway area that they have experience of dealing with in a start-up/financing/advisory/consultation role?
    Alternatively (if the question is allowed), is there anybody who should be avoided at all costs for whatever reason?

If anyone has specific names (including themselves!), I would appreciate it if they could PM me rather than posting them here.

I would envisage that the role would involve advising on the makeup of the investment as well as partaking in the negotiations surrounding the investment. As a portion of the role will also likely involve some hand-holding throughout the process, ideally it wouldn't be one of the large well known firms although obviously the door isn't closed on anybody at this point in time.

Thanks in advance.:)

I've gone through the "find an accountant" thread in the Accountancy forum and the "business partner" sticky above but didn't think either thread really fitted. If a mod respectfully disagrees with me, please feel free to do what you do.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭NotaSheep

Try WESTBIC - they habitually work with high growth start-ups and prep them for investment (they are associated with the HBAN angel network). This service is free once they are satisfied you match the criteria and the business yous speak off might even benefit from match HPSU funding from Enterprise Ireland which they can facilitate the application process for. They are based at the Mervue Business Park in Galway.

Advertisement