Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good santa

Options
  • 18-11-2014 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Can anyone in greystones recommend a good Santa in the general area? Used to go to the one in Powerscourt but he seems to be doing only one weekend there now. I gather places like Rathwood sold out months ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Zoe zebra wrote: »
    Can anyone in greystones recommend a good Santa in the general area? Used to go to the one in Powerscourt but he seems to be doing only one weekend there now. I gather places like Rathwood sold out months ago.

AFAIK Santa in Powerscourt is still there all the time but you need to book a time slot now

Edit: Santa is there from 29th November until the 23rd December. Booking available here http://www.avoca.com/home/explore/stores/powerscourt-house/book-santa/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Zoe zebra

I got an email from Avoca a few months ago and it seemed to say when I clicked the link that he would only be there for one weekend. I didn't follow it up as it seemed to be a lost cause. I see now from this link that he's there for a longer period but the only time slots left are during school hours. Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Glenroe Farm used to be good, albeit its been a few years since I would have had my kids there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Kilruddery was good for us last year. They used the sheds on the right hand side of the yard. The adults got mince pies and mulled wine, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

d2ww wrote: »
    Kilruddery was good for us last year. They used the sheds on the right hand side of the yard. The adults got mince pies and mulled wine, :)

We loved Kilruddery as well last year.

Love slightly diminished by being asked to pay for our two month old this year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I was looking at going to the new Santa Train in Avondale house, see here for details.
    Christmas Opening dates and times:
    From Thursday 27th November to Wednesday 24th December
    Every Thursday to Sunday from 10am – 7pm
    Mon 22nd & Tues 23rd December from 10am – 7pm
    Weds 24th December from 10am – 1pm

Cost:
    Children €15
    Adults €10
    Babies (0-12 months) €5
    *Every child receives a gift*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

We loved Kilruddery as well last year.

Love slightly diminished by being asked to pay for our two month old this year :(

charging adults (or babies) into this sort of thing is a profiteering p!sstake.

Can the kids go on their own? - no.
    Could an adult go on their own? - no.
    does a baby give a damn about seeing santa? - no.

did you buy a ticket for the 2 month old in the end? TBH I would have just shown up without a ticket for the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Santa at powerscourt is 10 per child and each child gets a gift. Last year they gave out a very decent teddy bear. As much as we love Kilruddery (we're members) their prices are taking the proverbial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

We are headed to Christmas Island this year - bit of a drive but it sounds great!

http://www.christmasisland.ie/

Advertisement