Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA - Changing Courses

Options
  • 18-11-2014 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Wondering if anyone would have some info.

I recently completed my first year in college in IT Support, on the BTEA and instead of going into second of IT Support I was advised by my lecturers to transfer into 2nd year Computer Security & Digital Forensics, which I registered for and was accepted because I did well in my IT Support year.

I assumed as I was progressing in education levels I would still be ok claiming BTEA and the courses are very similar the first couple of years..but I was told to today from the social I wouldn't be able to claim BTEA for my new course because I had left my previous course!!

Anyone any suggestions? Sometimes I get the feeling they make it up as they go along!

I explained the situation and I was still progressing and she said I needed to speak to the case officer..but she was certain I was no longer qualified!! Has anyone had any dealing with a case officer..are they reasonable to deal with or just as bureaucratic!

I said what would I need to do..leave college and sign on, and still get the same amount as BTEA with no prospects of coming off JSA and she pretty much said that was my only option!!
    Tagged:

Advertisement