Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christmas Dinner 2014 Thread

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Some examples of Cards Against Humanity (NSF Work, children, or those who are easily offended): http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/times-cards-against-humanity-was-too-real#.cyrdMyByw

Black cards are questions/statements, white cards are answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

One of the games we played was Chicken Charades.

517N2HLhakL._SY400__zps9zsyfegn.jpg

At one point Mr Fox had to act out 'SUCK' using the poor rubber chicken. In front of his Da.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's great craic playing board games with the kids after dinner. The grown ups tend to be well merry by the time we play and the kids and just hyper because it's Christmas. It's what Christmas is all about! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    One of the games we played was Chicken Charades.

517N2HLhakL._SY400__zps9zsyfegn.jpg

At one point Mr Fox had to act out 'SUCK' using the poor rubber chicken. In front of his Da.

I'm buying this game :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I spent around €65 on Christmas shopping in SuperValu. No alcohol, half of it was the turkey. They only allow you to use one 5% off voucher per transaction. Pfft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I spent around €65 on Christmas shopping in SuperValu. No alcohol, half of it was the turkey. They only allow you to use one 5% off voucher per transaction. Pfft.

Hmmmm. Spent €180.00 on the big shop minus €20 Aldi voucher. About €50 on local veg and Lidl. Had four days eating so far including booze. Not a cent spent in Tesco. They have to change......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Should have collected the stamps that give you 50% off the turkey! Our turkey came in at €14, got the 3kg ham on special offer for €14.99....

Hopefully they do the stamps again next year! I did bigger than normal shops the 2 weeks before Christmas, then just got a couple of bits on the 23rd picking up Mr. Turkey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

They used to have that, but dropped it this year. Free ham instead.

Advertisement