Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to talk while I wait

Options
  • 18-11-2014 7:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi, I am new to boards.

My husband and I are trying to conceive our third child. Last Friday I believed we had been unsuccessful for this cycle, my period had not arrived however the test was negative. With my first two I had positive tests by this point in my cycle.

On Monday with my period still missing I did an early test, it was positive. The test line was very faint but definitely there, I asked our four and half year old how many lines he could see, it was two. We will be away for a month from next week so I decided I would make an appointment with the doctor. I must admit to feeling very concerned about a late and faint positive so I tested again this morning when I woke, it was negative. They were different brands.

My appointment with the doctor was this morning. She basically told me the positive test trumps the negative one especially given they were different bands. However she also told me the ambiguous results could mean the pregnancy is not viable and my period could arrive soon. She also told me that it could be an ectopic pregnancy, she stressed how rare they are but wanted me to be aware of the symptoms. She also took a blood test for the HCG levels, she actually did it herself in her office to ensure my privacy is 100% protected as we live in a small town.

Now I wait, due to the small town factor she will not even see the results until Friday. It seems such an age away. I am not even sure what I want to hear, as much as I would like to hear I am pregnant, I will be concerned about it being ectopic for the following month. I know the grand scheme of things this is really nothing however it has been nice to just write it out. Thank you for reading.

Advertisement