Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for loyalty card system

Options
  • 18-11-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to add a loyalty card system to my small business.

The idea is that customers receive a plastic loyalty card with a barcode and we scan it in every time, and track what they buy. Then give them loyalty rewards based on that.

I've found a good place to get the cards printed, but does anyone know where I could get software to track the info?

Is anyone doing anything similar and recommend a company?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What card company are you using? We found it was pretty expensive to get them done right so just went with the printed card route. What info on you looking within the system? Ours gives us ATV, total spend, last visit things like that. You can also do things like give the customer a discount/special offer for their birthday. We use a stamp system but it allows you to use a % discount system too if thats what you are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

We had a gift card system via our merchant services system, kind of an add on service, which could be expanded to be used as a loyalty card system.

We didn't implement it in the end and have moved away from the gift card system to a traditional card / voucher system. I'll look for the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

jimmii wrote: »
    What card company are you using? We found it was pretty expensive to get them done right so just went with the printed card route. What info on you looking within the system? Ours gives us ATV, total spend, last visit things like that. You can also do things like give the customer a discount/special offer for their birthday. We use a stamp system but it allows you to use a % discount system too if thats what you are after.

Ok, this sounds very good.

Found a reliable guy in China to do the cards. Took a while to find them but quite happy with their samples and communications.

Do you guys use barcodes, or do you have to type in their customer number / name?

customer number/name but thats only because we don't have a barcode scanner I should mention it is built into a POS system might be tricky to use without using the whole system. Its designed for retail you could get it work outside of that but it might not be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Thanks Jimmi... Sounds like I have the cards and you have the software! Do you mind mentioning the software you use to see if it's suitable for me?

• Advertisement

Getpose.com where did you get the cards? I must say their customer care is really exceptional way beyond anything I have experienced from another company. Email them night or day and "lisa" will respond almost immediately I am guessing Lisa isn't one person but given the hours she does but they always know what is going on and how to get it sorted I had a bug all of my own not so long ago and IT were on to me to screen share to get a better idea of it within ten minutes of me reporting it. Took a while to fix and they were having to manually adjust things for me but the speed they did it at was amazing!

Advertisement