Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Superanuattion

Options
  • 18-11-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi ppl,

As the topic suggests im looking at ways i might need to get my super out of aus at some point.

Ive worked here one year on a working holiday, one year on pending defacto and my defacto has just been approved. Now its one more year till PR its fully granted.

What im thinking is that once my PR is approved my partner and I are going to trying living in Europe for a while and I will have no intention of coming back here.

Is all my super locked to Australia until retirement age?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Wilko121 wrote: »
    Hi ppl,

As the topic suggests im looking at ways i might need to get my super out of aus at some point.

Ive worked here one year on a working holiday, one year on pending defacto and my defacto has just been approved. Now its one more year till PR its fully granted.

What im thinking is that once my PR is approved my partner and I are going to trying living in Europe for a while and I will have no intention of coming back here.

If you relinquish your residency then it's straight forward, the ATO will advise you: I think there's a FAQ about it on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

But relinquishing your PR just to get back your super earlier than you otherwise would is a bit drastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Wilko121 wrote: »
    Hi ppl,

Mind me asking why you're getting PR if you've no intention of coming back in 12 months?

You do realise PR is a visa, lasts 5 years and requires a resident return visa after which to enter the country again. Youll need to meet criteria in order to get the RRV. Sounds like you won't meet the criteria and thus the PR is a big waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

irishmover wrote: »
    Mind me asking why you're getting PR if you've no intention of coming back in 12 months?

You do realise PR is a visa, lasts 5 years and requires a resident return visa after which to enter the country again. Youll need to meet criteria in order to get the RRV. Sounds like you won't meet the criteria and thus the PR is a big waste of time.

Also isn't it 2 years from when the defacto visa is approved to when you get pr?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

aido79 wrote: »
    Also isn't it 2 years from when the defacto visa is approved to when you get pr?

Yes it is two years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement