Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's happening on the mall

Options
  • 18-11-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Whole road is blocked off for access by foot or car by the gardai, right from bunkers hill to the foundry. Looks serious with all the ambulances and fire brigades further down the road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Hate saying this but a child was hit by a car and killed earlier this morning. RIP
    http://www.wlrfm.com/news-single.php?cat=1&id=15176

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Trucks should not be allowed in the centre.
    That childs mother will have that image in her head until the day she dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

RIP. thoughts are with the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

ryanf1 wrote: »

A lot of details have yet to be made available before conclusions are drawn but my thoughts are with the driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

http://m.rte.ie/news/2014/1118/660432-child/

According to rate she was being pushed in a buggy not walking.

Absolutely tragic happening regardless. Thoughts are with the parents and the driver

Edit - this was posted before your edit thequietfella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

As will the driver.
    RIP

There's a terrible story going around which I've a nasty feeling is true. Council really need to step up if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

There's a terrible story going around which I've a nasty feeling is true. Council really need to step up if it is.

Do fill us in???

twistables wrote: »
    Do fill us in???
    Am I allowed to here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yes

kryogen wrote: »
    Yes

I don't want to be seen as fuelling gossip which is why I hesitated to post this and PM'd a few people so I understand if mods want to remove

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

So what are you suggesting? That the council were to blame cause there were leaves on the ground?

So what are you suggesting? That the council were to blame cause there were leaves on the ground?

Im not saying they are to blame but these are hazardous for anyone and should be cleared up. Also Trucks should not be allowed in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Im not saying they are to blame but these are hazardous for anyone and should be cleared up. Also Trucks should not be allowed in the centre.

Why not, same thing could of happened be it a car, a bus or a van all which travel through the city centre daily. It being a truck is irrelevant.

RIP, My thoughts are with the mother and the driver as both must be going through a horrendous state of shock right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

There needs to be a ban on HGVs in the city center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

None of ye know what happened so why not just say nothing until the coroners report and stop gossiping and generally talking from where the sun don't shine.

Why not, same thing could of happened be it a car, a bus or a van all which travel through the city centre daily. It being a truck is irrelevant.

RIP, My thoughts are with the mother and the driver as both must be going through a horrendous state of shock right now.

Mostly I agree. But a Truck driver has a massive blind spot in front of them which other vehicles have less of. Im not in any way suggesting this could not have happened with any other vehicle, it was simply a tragic accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Unless this tragic event happened when crossing on a green-man like then, this is a tragic accident.

A child died, so close the thread and stop mongering over a poor girl's life for your own chance to stand on a soap-box and preach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Kracken wrote: »
    Unless this tragic event happened when crossing on a green-man like then, this is a tragic accident.

A child died, so close the thread and stop mongering over a poor girl's life for your own chance to stand on a soap-box and preach.

Yes close this thread down.
    Comments like, ''i dont want to speculate'' or ''fuel gossip'' but hey I will post anyway is in the same ball park as the morons who whip out their camera phones to video this tragedy and other stuff...pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have heard two versions of events, but tbh it doesn't make any difference what happened. A life has been lost, and many more have been deeply affected by it. My thoughts would be with the driver, the mother and the families. I hope they find the strength to get through this terrible time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Kracken wrote: »

CLOSE THIS THREAD

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

This thread should be closed. The family are going through enough, the last thing they need is seeing people speculating and reading stuff like this, just let them grieve and have respect

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

A number of you have asked for the thread to be closed in thread along with reported posts, which I agree with and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement