Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd level Student overdraft/loan if studying abroad

Options
  • 18-11-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I am undertaking an MSc in London and have my 3rd level a/c from my undergrad in Trinity College. It is still in use and my primary account, but can I apply for an overdraft/loan if I am not currently studying in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi gordong,

Thank you for contacting us today.

It is certainly possible to apply for a loan/overdraft on your student account while you are studying abroad.

We have a number of student loans available which may suit your needs, details of which can be found here.

To discuss this in more detail and to arrange an application please contact the Lending/ Student Advisor in your account holding branch who will be happy to offer you assistance with this.

Branch contact details can be located here should you require them.

We hope this is of benefit to you, if we can offer you any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gordong

Thank you Paula,

A customer care representative informed me that my branch is going to call me back tomorrow, but there was some confusion as to whether a loan would be able to be approved as I am not in Ireland to go into the branch in person. Can you shed light on whether it can be arranged over the phone?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi gordong,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, your branch advisor will be able to confirm whether you can apply for this loan over the phone.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gordong

Hi gordong,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, your branch advisor will be able to confirm whether you can apply for this loan over the phone.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hello,

Unfortunately I was informed that I need to be studying in Ireland to apply.

Kind regards,
    Gemma

Advertisement