Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunting Blind/Hide

Options
  • 18-11-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Anybody ever make a hunting blind/hide or know where a pop-up version can be bought?

This is for farm yard vermin control.

Ideally something that could be dismantled and transported easily and easily repositioned around the farm.

It only has to accommodate one person, sitting or standing with a bit of space for movement.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

HW100S wrote: »
    Anybody ever make a hunting blind/hide or know where a pop-up version can be bought?

This is for farm yard vermin control.

Ideally something that could be dismantled and transported easily and easily repositioned around the farm.

It only has to accommodate one person, sitting or standing with a bit of space for movement.

Thanks in advance.

try here
    http://activehuntingireland.ie/shooting/shooting-pigeon-shooting/shooting-pigeon-shooting-hides-camo-nets.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Going to suggest this covered in something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

Yes to both last two posts but in the first post the hide is a little on the expensive side.

I was checking to see if anybody had made anything similar previously, ideas of something I could make myself, perhaps portaloo sized, made from plywood, with access windows. the sidesmight be hinged so the unit can be flat packed for transport.
    It could be covered with a camo net when assembled.

thanks for the input tho, it has given me some ideas.

Look up 260rips on YouTube, he has a stand built in a farm yard. Not very portable but looks very effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Why not a camo balaclava or gillie suit??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

What would be wrong with a few poles and some camouflage netting.

What would be wrong with a few poles and some camouflage netting.

That was definitely my first response too, they're cheap, straight forward and easy to throw up.

The request for a pop up version lead me on a different route

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Vegeta wrote: »
    That was definitely my first response too, they're cheap, straight forward and easy to throw up.

The request for a pop up version lead me on a different route

Yeah I have a big fold away type blind and its big and awkward, a few poles and some camo nets are a much better job. Set them up anywhere and hang the nets off of whatever is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I would agree I have a popup type of hide , it is a bit of a pita, needs to be secured as any bit of wind and it is in onto of you. much better to use poles and netting or build one out of branches /ferns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like the poles and net may be the option to go with.

The reason I suggested the pop up was to have cover over my head as the cute crows head for the high trees nearby giving them a good view.
    Also its all concrete and stoned areas so driving poles into the ground is not an option.

I might just build something and leave it there permanently so they will get used to having it around.

HW100S wrote: »
    I might just build something and leave it there permanently so they will get used to having it around.

If that's an option it would be the best course of action imho.

Advertisement