Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EOS 1000D won't power on

• 18-11-2014 3:12pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all. I have had a Canon EOS 1000D for maybe six or seven years now. It has worked perfectly without a single glitch - up until a couple of weeks ago.

The problem is, it just won't power on. The battery is fully charged, there's an SD card in it and all the doors are closed, but there's not the slightest hint of life from it. I was using it the day before, and then the next morning... nothing. For what it's worth, I was in Dubai when it stopped working, but it didn't get left in the sun or dropped in the sand or anything.

Any ideas? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot it further? Failing that, any recommendations for someone who can have a look at it for me? (Bearing in mind I'm way out here in the wilderness of the west coast.)

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I would send a PM to Zerohamster here on boards, he runs The Hamster Clinic and is our go to guy around here for camera issues. He's very fair and will tell you straight out if it is worth repairing/etc.

Advertisement