Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Irishy that can be brought to a Christmas party?

Options
  • 18-11-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey! I am working in a school in Spain at the moment and we are having a Christmas party next month. They've asked me to put together some Irish things to have at the party. I know there will also be French, German, Austrian, Spanish and American ones there too. So what kind of food or activities could I bring to be the Irish contribution to the party? I suppose it doesn't necessarily have to be Christmasy. But is there even any desserts or anything that are really Irish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

When I was living in Spain I had the same issue!

In the end I bought a few cans of Guinness (I think it was in Carrefour) and a cheap bottle of cava and made Black Velvet cocktails for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Maybe some boxty, bit of smoked salmon on the top to jazz it up a bit. if you made small enough ones could do as finger food

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Ooh Guinness brown bread is yum and would be fab with smoked salmon as mentioned above, or anything really!

(I swear I'm not a complete alco by the way, I used to work in Guinness and to be fair it's something that the vast majority of Europeans would associate with Ireland!) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nehpets987

Believe it or not I'm actually on one of the Islands and there no Carrefour. I'll have to track some Guinness down. I've been told today that myself, a French girl and an Austrian girl will actually be organising the WHOLE Christmas party. So now we need to think of activities for that too.

Advertisement