Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash Refund on game boughr from xtravision sealed?

Options
  • 18-11-2014 3:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭

i bought a game from xtravision but i got it for the wrong console i have the receipt and it's sealed can an i get a cash refund, if so how long?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

tommybc wrote: »
    i bought a game from xtravision but i got it for the wrong console i have the receipt and it's sealed can an i get a cash refund, if so how long?

No entitlement for a cash refund. no entitlement to a refund at all as the mistake is on your part.

they do say on their online store
    Unwanted Items - You can return any item for a refund as long as it’s in its original packaging within 7 working days of the day after you receive your order.

I'm not sure whether they extend this to their physical stores. The only thing you can do is go in and ask politely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You'll need to ask them what their returns policy for unwanted purchases is. If you bought in-store they're not obliged to accept returns of non-defective goods unless their returns policy (i.e. terms of sale) states they will. Even then their policy may only offer a credit note instead of a cash refund.
    In short, go the branch and enquire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Happen to have a receipt lying beside me, they do offer refunds for change-of-mind in-store, provided you have the receipt and the item is unopened. Refunds are issued as an exchange for a same-priced item or a gift card

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

Virtanen wrote: »
    Happen to have a receipt lying beside me, they do offer refunds for change-of-mind in-store, provided you have the receipt and the item is unopened. Refunds are issued as an exchange for a same-priced item or a gift card

I need a cash refund is it possible to get that if i ask politely?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,052 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can *try*, but if the excuse is that you bought for it the wrong console and they have it for the right one you're going to have a far reduced chance.

• Advertisement

If the only problem is that it is for the wrong console why not just swap for one for the correct console?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Xtravision are usually pretty good with stuff like this once you go in with the right attitude. Explain its for the wrong console and that its still sealed. They should let you swap it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to make a guess here for the week/day that's in it.

You bought Gta for ps4 or xbox one for 70 and now know you can get it for 58 in argos.

Varik wrote: »
    Going to make a guess here for the week/day that's in it.

You bought Gta for ps4 or xbox one for 70 and now know you can get it for 58 in argos.

i think we may have a winner.

yes exactly i was just joking about wrong console but they don't have the other in stock when i rang them, can i get a cash refund instead?

• Advertisement

Why the need to lie about the situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Anything you get back is at the discretion of the vendor, it is your fault as a consumer for not checking the prices elsewhere.

davo10 wrote: »
    Anything you get back is at the discretion of the vendor, it is your fault as a consumer for not checking the prices elsewhere.
    Not necessarily. If their terms of sale state they will accept refunds then they are contractually bound to do so subject to the conditions stated in those terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If their terms of sale state they will accept refunds then they are contractually bound to do so subject to the conditions stated in those terms.

Have you seen a term of sale that states "if you can buy this cheaper somewhere else, we will refund your money so you can spend it there"?

davo10 wrote: »
    Have you seen a term of sale that states "if you can buy this cheaper somewhere else, we will refund your money so you can spend it there"?
    No, but I've seen plenty of terms that state "if you return the goods in saleable condition within x days we will refund your money" without requiring you to stipulate why you're seeking a refund. I've never seen refund terms that allow refunds but prohibit the circumstances you suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

yes exactly i was just joking lying about wrong console

I corrected your post.

I hope they don't refund you. Dishonesty should never be rewarded.

so i can only get a cash refund from xtravision if i buy online and not instore?

Best of luck trying to get any more advice from here.

so i can only get a cash refund from xtravision if i buy online and not instore? even if its sealed with receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

so i can only get a cash refund from xtravision if i buy online and not instore? even if its sealed with receipt?

If you buy online (i.e. distance selling), then you are entitled to return the goods for refund within 14 days (if I recall correctly). You however, are responsible for the cost of postage.

If bought in store, then any return is entirely down to the policy of the retailer. It might be a refund, credit note or nothing.

Note - the above is only in the case of change of mind. It's a different story if the goods are faulty etc.

@Beano, delahuntv - Helpful posts only please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Xtravision won't give you a cash refund.

Off topic post deleted. Posters stick to the OP's issue please.

Advertisement