Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Different price in same brand garages?

Options
  • 18-11-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys, Does anyone know if I could get a better price in one garage over another for the same car 0km?

Im trying to get best offer as I will have to finance most of it anyway.

Plus I would have to sell first my old one, i doubt someone would trade in, it is a Yaris 2002 1-.4 Diesel... too old for trade in isnt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Of course you can shop around for the best price. The price difference may not be vast on a new car but there is definitely some money to be saved between the same brand dealers. The Yaris should sell easy enough privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cauchioli81

Thanks Bazz, you gave me some confidence, i saw on Donedeal the yaris sell fast and for over what i paid :-) hopefully mine will fly as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 1.4 D-4D is lovely but the 1.0 is the one that people pay silly money for.
    It'd still be an easy enough car to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cauchioli81

colm_mcm wrote: »

I paid 3k last year, but im seeing ads for 3.4k, hopefully I recover my 3k and get a bigger car.
    New job now, commuting everyday, so I want a bigger car, I put already new tires, brakes and full service, so hopefully new owner will appreciate! :-)

I will let you guys know when I've sold.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

colm_mcm wrote: »

Pal of mine had no joy trying to sell one recently. Low miles, good condition & reasonable spec.

Ended up trading it in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement