Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

account

Options
  • 18-11-2014 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

My wages went into day as they do every Tuesday. They are showing up online but say I have no funds atm machine, Im usually always able to access them on a Tuesday, is there t reason for this today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Gall2005,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Have you got a cheque or bank draft clearing on your account? If this was lodged in recent days, this would mean that you are unable to withdraw the amount of the cheque or draft until it clears on your account. A Bank of Ireland cheque would take three working days to clear on your account.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Gall2005

I lodged an account on Friday and I was able to withdraw the funds yesterday Monday, now wages have gone in today but its saying insufficient funds, would cheque have anything to do with it even though I was able to withdraw them funds yday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Gall2005 wrote: »
    I lodged an account on Friday and I was able to withdraw the funds yesterday Monday, now wages have gone in today but its saying insufficient funds, would cheque have anything to do with it even though I was able to withdraw them funds yday
    Hi Gall2005, 

The best thing to do is to call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365/ +353 1 4044000. The representatives have access to account details and will be happy to look into this for you. Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public holidays.

Thanks

Billy 

Dear Sirs, I lodged in an AIB cheque last Friday around 4pm, it has still not cleared, have you any idea when this might be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Dear Sirs, I lodged in an AIB cheque last Friday around 4pm, it has still not cleared, have you any idea when this might be?
    Hi Gall2005, 

Thanks for the post.

An AIB cheque will take 5 working days to clear.

If the cheque is showing in your Friday transactions, the cheque should clear by close of business on the 5th working day which would be Thursday.

Janette

• Advertisement

Ok thank ok, is that by midnight tonight so, as its not clear today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Ok thank ok, is that by midnight tonight so, as its not clear today
    Hi Gall2005, 

It's when the systems update this evening, I don't have an exact time. The cheque will then be cleared and funds will be available for use the following working day.

Thanks

Janette

Ok thanks you I see on banking its saying it went in on the 17th which was Monday , tho I lodged it Friday afternoon. Does that mean I am then waiting to Friday night/Sat morn? or it could be Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Gall2005,

Cheques lodged after branch opening times are credited and sent through the clearing system the next banking day. If this was Monday, that is day one of the five day clearing process. This will mean the funds will clear at close of business Friday to be available the next banking day, which in this case will be Monday. 

If this is a regular payment, you may find having the funds transferred to your account much more convenient. When transfers are received from other banks, the funds are applied to the customer's account as cleared available funds. You also don't need to take time out of your day to visit a branch to make the lodgement.

We hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks Tara, unfortunately the bank let me withdraw these funds on Monday which were to pay a bill and when my wages went in on Tuesday they are now frozen as saying the cheque hasn't cleared so now Im stuck with no money until next week. Thanks for your help  in any regard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement