Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trading in games

Options
  • 18-11-2014 8:19pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭

Just a question on trading in games.
    I have a 360 and am looking to get the Xbone.
    I have about 80 games and am wondering where is the best place to trade them in.

Smyth's told me they do the best price but I need to bring them all in and get store credit.

Any advice of the best place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭galson

Try CEX maybe? Certainly not Gamestop..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers, will check them on CEX.
    Pity Smyths can't put a list of prices online...
    At least I'll have an idea from CEX and see who is best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Cheers, will check them on CEX.
    Pity Smyths can't put a list of prices online...
    At least I'll have an idea from CEX and see who is best

if you look on the CEX website they actually show what they buy the games for

calex71 wrote: »
    if you look on the CEX website they actually show what they buy the games for

Ah yeah I spotted that, just a pity that smyths don't do that too...

Another vote for CEX here. Good prices and nice people too

• Advertisement

Cheers.
    Ended getting the list prices from CeX, stuck it in a spreadsheet and went to Smyth's first. They would take very few of them as they were old, but most of the ones they took they offered better prices to Cex.

Brought the rest to Cex and they were great in fairness, only a few with scratches that they didn't take and I had a few limited editions which they recommended that I keep or sell online as I'd get better prices.

Ended up trading about 60 oldish games, kept all the ones I liked and came out with about 300 quid which will be going towards my new xbone tomorrow.

Happy days :)

Advertisement