Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC though Xbox One

Options
  • 18-11-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

I am having issues playing UPC through the Xbox one. There is no sound and the picture is lagging severely. If I plug the horizon box direct to the TV its fine so it's just an issue playing through the Xbox. I have been playing tv through the Xbox for weeks without issue. any one experience this or have a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I am having issues playing UPC through the Xbox one. There is no sound and the picture is lagging severely. If I plug the horizon box direct to the TV its fine so it's just an issue playing through the Xbox. I have been playing tv through the Xbox for weeks without issue. any one experience this or have a solution?
    In the TV settings on Xbox, you may need to switch on 50Hz mode to correct the lag.

Not sure about audio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

In the TV settings on Xbox, you may need to switch on 50Hz mode to correct the lag.

Not sure about audio

Changed to 50Hz but no joy. Plays for about 2 sec and then stops for even longer,still no audio either. Strange as was fine a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Interesting I also had a similar issue (on UPC) plugged in the horizon box separately and it was fine.

Are you a preview dashboard member by chance?

Thanks
    Toppy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Changed to 50Hz but no joy. Plays for about 2 sec and then stops for even longer,still no audio either. Strange as was fine a few days ago

I recently had the same issue. I was advised to turn off all power, disconnect and then reconnect HDMI cables and restart the box then TV. Sorted out the problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

besty wrote: »
    I recently had the same issue. I was advised to turn off all power, disconnect and then reconnect HDMI cables and restart the box then TV. Sorted out the problem for me.

This didn't work for me,I tried it a few time. what did work was changing the sound in the xbox setting from stereo to Dolby or vice versa. This change restarts the xbox and everything works OK then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement