Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flying with a cold

Options
  • 18-11-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

HI all,

I am due to fly home to Ireland with my little guy next week. It's a trip that can't really be put off as a family member is terminally ill.

The problem is that my son has had a runny nose for some time now and also an intermittent chesty cough. I have read so much conflicting info online about whether or not it is safe for him to fly.

Have any of you travelled with a congested baby and how did you get on? Do you have any advice? Are the ''earplanes'' earplugs for kids any good? Would you suggest that I just leave him with his dad (which I would reluctantly do as a last resort...)?

Thanks all, my head is a bit wrecked by this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

When my daughter was 16 months old I was taking her home for a visit and she had a cold. Her paediatrician told me she was fine to travel but recommended that I give her a spoon of decongestant 30 mins before we flew. It seemed to help as my daughter didn't seem to be in any discomfort (despite the fact that it was a terribly turbulent flight).

That's my experience anyway, but maybe have a word with your doctor?

Advertisement