Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a previous account

Options
  • 18-11-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I had opened a BOI Current Account in 2011 and used it for around 5 months. I then moved out of Ireland for 3 years and will be returning back very soon.

I had an ATM Card for this account although I have misplaced it, I was wondering if I can use this account once more?

The account was opened in Dublin, although I will be settling in Waterford - where would I need to go to seek further clarification and start using my account.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Radar2032 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had opened a BOI Current Account in 2011 and used it for around 5 months. I then moved out of Ireland for 3 years and will be returning back very soon.

I had an ATM Card for this account although I have misplaced it, I was wondering if I can use this account once more?

The account was opened in Dublin, although I will be settling in Waterford - where would I need to go to seek further clarification and start using my account.

Thanks
    Hi Radar2032,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

There was a change from Laser Cards to Visa Debit cards in 2012. Laser cards are no longer offered. Please call Bank of Ireland Direct Services on +353 1 4044000 and a rep will be happy to help with a Visa Debit card request. Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public holidays.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Radar2032

Thanks Billy for your response.

Considering I haven't used the account for approx 3 years, will it still be open to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Radar2032 wrote: »
    Thanks Billy for your response.

Considering I haven't used the account for approx 3 years, will it still be open to use?
    Hi Rador2032,

The account might be inactive if it hasn't been used in 3 years. The BOI Direct Services Reps have access to account details and can check this for you.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement