Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Refurbished ipad?

• 18-11-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

One of the Irish deals sites have refurbished ipad airs on sale for €349 for black or white or €369 for silver but they come with amercian plugs. I'm really considering it for my fiance's birthday next month but I'm worried if they're refurbished that they may look very rough and also will the fact they're from the US have any other implications except that I'll have to buy a different plug?

Unsure what to do and could use some advice!

I see Apple have refurbished ipads although don't have the same one otherwise I'd just got for that!

Apple do have refurbished ipad minis, it would be for on the go work and stuff so I plan to get a keyboard to go with it so would the ipad air or mini be better and are both ok for doing small bits of work on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

iPad Air is the same as mini2 (mini 1 is same as iPad 2). So don't get the mini, get the mini 2 or air.
    Then it's just down to the size you prefer.
    As for refurbished, apple refurbished are like new, don't know if it would be the same with the link you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Thanks! Apple have refurbished air for 349 or mini 2 for 269?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

flyguy wrote: »
    iPad Air is the same as mini2 (mini 1 is same as iPad 2). So don't get the mini, get the mini 2 or air.

No it's not, the iPad Air has a 9.7" screen while the iPad minis are all 7.9".

The current mini2 used to be called 'iPad Mini with Retina Display', the mini3 is a new model, it's the same as the Mini2 but with the fingerprint reader and a 128GB model which isn't available on the mini2.

http://www.apple.com/ie/ipad/compare/#comparison-chart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

coylemj wrote: »

They're identical in all but screen size and colour gamut. Processor and RAM are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

coylemj wrote: »

The current mini2 used to be called 'iPad Mini with Retina Display', the mini3 is a new model, it's the same as the Mini2 but with the fingerprint reader and a 128GB model which isn't available on the mini2.

http://www.apple.com/ie/ipad/compare/#comparison-chart

You really read my post did you? Right after I say "get the mini2 or the air" so they're obviously not the same. However they're are the same specification wise except for screen size. Hence my advice to decide what screen size you want and then pick that... I missed your advice to the OP btw...
    To the OP; unless it's going to be used when actually on the move -car, bus, train etc- I'd go for the air. I've had the mini and the air and I wouldn't go back to the mini, but then I don't think my 6 plus is too big either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Ok Apple refurbs on their site are sold out, can you let me know if this looks good or not? Hesitant about ordering but don't want to miss out!

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/special/gg-photo-direct-41-104/48773666

Advertisement