Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a good Computer Technician

Options
  • 18-11-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I know there's a lot of people unemployed these days but I'm finding it difficult to find the right technical guy for a business venture.

I'm looking for a very competent person for a computer repair enterprise (hardware & software) who's also interested in the business side of things.
    Someone who can take responsibility and manage and who is reliable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭kippy

SeanSouth wrote: »
    I know there's a lot of people unemployed these days but I'm finding it difficult to find the right technical guy for a business venture.

I'm looking for a very competent person for a computer repair enterprise (hardware & software) who's also interested in the business side of things.
    Location? Salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭SeanSouth

Location, Leinster area, salary 30K - 40K for the right person

• Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Location, Leinster area, salary 30K - 40K for the right person

What kind of qualifications and/or experience are you after?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭gerarda

pm sent, thanks

This role will suit a mature individual who can diagnose and solve all types of laptop / desktop and phone issues, hardware and software. Server experience
    is not relevant. Must be organised and able to manage him / or herself and others. Most likely will have some sort of relevant qualification but that's open.
    Might be a good 1st step manager role for someone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

IT was one of the few areas that didn't get hit as hard as most other sectors in the down turn.

The company I work for has a large IT dept and are constantly hiring, yet we find it difficult to find suitable candidates as most either have left the country as they are in demand elsewhere in the world or are in secure jobs already. So why sit around unemployed when you can head off to Oz or Canada and get a well paying job relatively easily.

People may not want to take a risk on a small two man start-up especially if they have financial commitments such as mortgages, young families etc.

Or maybe you're just not offering the right incentives and package. Even the most basic IT positions in bigger companies and offices have a decent salary, healthcare, bonus, on the job technical training and certification etc and other perks.

If you're a young guy you will need some big names on your CV to impress future employers and gain valuable experience.

Thanks Paddy - Not a start up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Thanks Paddy - Not a start up.

Guess you need to "entice" them from elsewhere ;)

By the way Im not talking about some whiz software geek. I"m talking about someone who knows how to swap out a hard drive, replace a screen OR keyboard, can deal with software reloads, viruses etc etc. Probably someone who has completed a one or two year technician course and with relevant experience.
    Someone who can "be the boss" and who is able to work un-supervised and able to manage others.

By the way Im not talking about some whiz software geek. I"m talking about someone who knows how to swap out a hard drive, replace a screen OR keyboard, can deal with software reloads, viruses etc etc. Probably someone who has completed a one or two year technician course and with relevant experience.
    Someone who can "be the boss" and who is able to work un-supervised and able to manage others.

A few years ago I would have jumped at something like this but I've moved on in my career. Maybe search some of the job sites like Monster where people upload their CVs, might be best to try that approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I know just the guy for the job and I have emailed him details of this page. If you can PM contact details I can pass it on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement