Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidently used mls instead of grams when weighing dry ingredients

• 18-11-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I've got a chocolate mud cake in the oven baking at the moment and while putting it together I realised I used the mls setting on my scales for the dry ingredients rather than the grams setting. If i remember vaguely one of the advantages of the metric system is that a litre of fluid weighs the same as a kg? So will I be ok if I put in 325mls of flour instead of 325gr? Guess I'll find out shortly when I take it out of the oven:eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have no idea but I hope it comes out okay:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,484 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Should be fine. Having a ml scale on a weighing scale is a bit daft as you can't weigh in ml. Its a measure of volume not weight but as you say 1 ml of water weighs 1 gram so they're equivalent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Just don't do teh same with a measuring cup, actual volumetric measurements would be waaaaaaaaay off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

We ate the cake today and thankfully it was delicious :)

Advertisement