Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to learn basic carpentry skills in Kildare?

Options
  • 18-11-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm looking for a part time course in learning basic woodwork skills in Kildare, around Naas would be ideal. I'm not looking to do carpentry as a job but just to learn the basic skills required for handy jobs around the home. Does anyone know of any hobby woodwork classes?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

If they are just Diy jobs around the home, anything you wish to do can be found on YouTube. There are some great tutorials well worth watching. Woodworking for Mere Mortals is a great channel and Steve Ramsey is a really funny guy. Just type in whatever project you would like to do and you'll get plenty of useful tips and advice.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I agree with woodturner everything you need to know is out there on the net even how to build boats :) just get your self some basic tools a bit of timber and let your mind go to work,recycling old pallets would be a cheep way to get started and if you have any questions just ask here and someone will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fuiru

Thanks lads, I've made a couple of things using youtube, just thought it be cool if there was a class where a group of people were given instructional projects. I just found a course in Clane but it won't start till January. Looking forward to it and I'm sure I'll be picking yer brains for good tips when I eventually build something a little more complicated than a storage box.

Hey, that's what the forum is for and don't forget, there's no such thing as a stupid question. If you need advice on anything don't be afraid to ask.

If there's a Mens Shed near you it might be worth attending one or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Fuiru

Mens Shed sounds like great craic. There's one just down the road. Cheers.

Advertisement