Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best skinny jeans for a pear shape.

• 18-11-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, can anyone recommend good skinny jeans/jeggings for a pear/large derrière shape? I currently have several pairs of 5 pocket jeggings from m&s and they are surprisingly comfortable but the colours are a little plain. I'd love a good black pair and a worn look/faded blue pair. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭BelleOfTheBall

New look are great fir jeans and price are right!!their website v v good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

New look are great fir jeans and price are right!!their website v v good

Thanks, I'll try there. Any other places worth looking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

As a pear shape myself I've found the m&s to be the best for fit and durability. I've got a pair of sort if faded ones and black ones I bought last year and they are still perfect despite being worn constantly.
    I've been complimented on them and people are usually shocked when I say m&s.

They never go baggy around the knees or bum. M&S in Liffey valley usually have a big selection.

I've bought a pair from new look and next and didn't like them. I gave away the next ones after a few wears. I've a couple of Dorothy Perkins which I like but still prefer m&s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

As a pear shape myself I've found the m&s to be the best for fit and durability. I've got a pair of sort if faded ones and black ones I bought last year and they are still perfect despite being worn constantly.
    I've been complimented on them and people are usually shocked when I say m&s.

They never go baggy around the knees or bum. M&S in Liffey valley usually have a big selection.

I've bought a pair from new look and next and didn't like them. I gave away the next ones after a few wears. I've a couple of Dorothy Perkins which I like but still prefer m&s.

There's 20% off this weekend which makes the m&s ones only €24. I must try get in for a look to see if I can other colours. They are possibly the most comfortable item of clothing I own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

Topshop do lovely high waisted jeans called Joni. They come in loads of different colours and are very flattering. I find New Look stretch jeans to be good for pear shape too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Monsoon do excellent Nadine skinny jeans. They come in Black and bavy. Brilliant quality and super comfortable ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Only jeans seem to work for me and last ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

17038029_DarkBlueDenim_002_ProductLarge.jpg

http://pieces.com/leggings/jeggings/highwaist/pc-leggings-highwaist,en_GB,sc.html

I heard lot of good reviews about high waisted jeggings mentioned above.

So I bought 2 of them,and honestly they are perfect fit for my wide hips and big tights. I'm size 16 for skinny jeans ,so I picked up size L/XL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 dublintweety

I have a pair like those Easy1 has pictured - got them in Vila & as a size 14-16 got the l/xl aswell - they are so comfy. My sister has a similar pair she got in vero moda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

I have a pair like those Easy1 has pictured - got them in Vila & as a size 14-16 got the l/xl aswell - they are so comfy. My sister has a similar pair she got in vero moda.

Yes,you right,I bought them in Vila on special offer,(buy one and second pair was half price)

I got black and indigo coloured jeggings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

How do you find the fastening thing at the back? I tried a pair of these on the other day and had to get someone else to zip me in! Can't imagine bathroom breaks being fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublintweety

The first time the oh had to pull up the zip but I have managed myself since - they suck you in but are stretchy so you don't feel like you can't breathe!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Only jeans seem to work for me and last ages

Totally agree, the ONLY jeans /jeggings are great !!!

Advertisement