Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for the OH

• 18-11-2014 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

With Christmas coming up I'm sure a lot of ye are getting gifts for the girlfriend, boyfriend, parents, siblings etc etc.

Just wondering what ye normally get for the other half (female) for Christmas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A hug.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A hug.
    Big feckin spender MM, though maybe you're the uber hugmeister and that's all you need to do. :)

Casting my mind back, it varied, but I went for things I knew they wanted(which isn't exactly helpful...), but sometimes threw in an item that was a bit left field. EG I got one ex a pair of 3rd century roman earrings. That was pretty cool, though back then it seems they made slightly larger holes when piercing so they weren't that practical. Looked well cool on her mind you and she did get comments. So that went down well. Another I got a new old stock soft toy to replace her fave one that she lost in a house move when she was a kid. That went down really well. I suppose it depends on how well you know each other's past if you're going to go down a similar route.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Last year my husband got me a running watch. Best gift ever. What kind of thing is she into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Playstation 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Joking aside, just ask her what she wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Mine loves Harry potter and has a large collection of odd socks so she's getting a plank of wood saying free dobby with a mini clothes line attached :pac:
    Obviously other things will be added and got but we both like really quirky things.
    If only I could convince her to buy me a stowa.... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Givin burd money towards a jacket.

Also have gotten her Alan Carr tickets, some hand cream set from L'Occitane and will prolly get her a couple of books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭skallywag

I take the easy way out and give her money to buy whatever she wants.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I bought her 50% of a UHD TV and she did likewise for me. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Find out what she always wanted from Santa as a child but never got and track it down on ebay.

Mrs Sleepy got a original 80's Mr Frosty for Christmas a few years ago, and despite never using it that often, still goes on about me getting it for her. She even returned the favour a few years later by getting me an original Gameboy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement