Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is My iPhone 4s fixable?

• 18-11-2014 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have an iPhone 4s 32gb and I recently dropped it off my bunk bed onto concrete. It heavily smashed near the top corner of the iPhone close to the front camera, and scatched a good bit on the screen. Now, when I try to unlock/switch on my phone, the phone lights up a bit, but does not display anything. It is still responsive, as the phone still changes from silent to vibrate when I flick up the side button. It seems like the graphics or something similar has broken. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it fixable by a shop like GSM solutions or others? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

With the screens of iPhones there's a layer of glass and then the LCD screen itself, with most drops just the glass breaks sounds like your whole LCD might he gone. I'd take it to a repair shop before writing it off completely, but make sure you get a price first as it might not be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Where are you living that you get out of bed onto concrete?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Zcott wrote: »

I actually thought that too when I first read it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Zcott wrote: »

Came to post the exact same thing??

Prison? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

tallpaul wrote: »
    Came to post the exact same thing??

Prison? :eek:

He was jumping out of bed to get the Sky Remote.. :D

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/145k-taxpayers-bill-for-prisoners-to-watch-sky-sports-30754201.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Generally repair shops will replace the whole display on the phone, as the digitizer, glass and LCD are glued together, so its a pretty easy fix, probably roughly €80 depending on the shop

Advertisement