Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

configure Vodafone HG658c Modem to work on other ISP

• 19-11-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭

im trying to see if I can get to change the username and password info in the setup page just out of curiosity in the setup page of the vodafone HG658c modem, its greyed out - Vodafone have told me there is no way of changing the data in them boxes - but im never one just to roll over ad accept the first answer and i have changed things in the past on other modem routers where the settings have been grayed out by simply logging onto the modems configuration page with a different username and password for the configuration page or by re-flashing with the manufactures firmware (so this vodafone modem router is made by Huawei - but ive searched for Huawei Firmware for HG658 Router and cannot find it) - so on the Huawei HG556 Router Modem you can get to extra settings by inputting 'advanced' as username and 'advanced' as the password after inputting the configuration page address in the url - 0r you can use 'admin' as username and 'VF-IRhg556' as the password - but my HG658 wont accept 'advanced as username and password - heres combinations what i have tried so far and the isp username and passord boxes are still greyed out and un changeable:

• Username: vodafone - Password: vodafone
      logs me in but isp wan username and password filled in an greyed out - cannot select a different username and password
    • Username: admin - Password: admin1234
      logs me in but isp wan username and password filled in an greyed out - cannot select a different username and password
    • Username: advanced - Password: advanced
      Wont log me into modem settings page
    • Username: admin - password: VF-IRhg556
    • Username: admin - Password: VF-IRhg658
    Im pretty sure there must be a way to get into change the username and password but im just not getting the right combination of username and password to take me to the extra settings available to change the ISP username and password in the router setting page - I can see why they are greyed out for normal customer use, so that in normal use the customer wont change them accidentally or on purpose and then the modem wont connect to the net - either that or vodafone has greyed them out so you cannot use the vodafone modem router with another isp rather than vodafone broadband (whereas technically you could if you could just get into those damn greyed out boxes for the isp username and password) - - strangely enough in my bit of research i have done i have seen that the australian version of the HG658 modem router, those isp boxes are not greyed out and you can put another isp's wan username and password in the boxes so i dont know whats different there, maybe they use different firmware. So if anyone has got any ideas so should i later on change isp's and want to carry on using this (otherwise excellent) Vodafone / Huawei HG658 modem router can you let me know how pretty please?

Here is a pic of configuration page:

f9101a6c-85ea-4255-a770-7bd53d322094.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Dont post your unique PPPoE info
    2. You need to edit HTML to allow the changes. There is a post on here that details it. Google is your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭nilhg

There's a link to unlocked firmware (from 02) if the thread below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89443356

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

nilhg wrote: »
    There's a link to unlocked firmware (from 02) if the thread below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89443356

god bless ya - i tried searching on boards but couldnt find anything, sometimes you just miss these things or cant find them - I shall have a read through that about re-flashing the FW , thats most probably the thing im looking for cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

And do come back and tell us if you were successful or not , please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

swoofer wrote: »
    And do come back and tell us if you were successful or not , please.

I might ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement